Insults from Brear

Announcements and Applications. In character posts.
Erik

Insults from Brear

Post by Erik »

It seems that Brear (Broar, soon it seems to be Bruar) Hofarson is, as usual, casting insults left right and centre. Whilst I normally do my best to ignore the ravings of this pathetic madman, this month, in his insults to the hierarchy of the Blessed Lady, Chalana Arroy, he has threatened our beloved city with invasion by an army of Broo.
Now we all know what colour trousers Brear would be wearing if he ever set eyes on a Broo and how ridiculous his threats are. Nonetheless, I have decided once more to attempt to get him to stop his ravings by issuing a formal challenge for his insults to myself, the Blessed lady, and all the good folk of Boldhome. I also challenge him for his failure to serve at the front as he had promised to do.
I hereby challenge Brear (Broar, Bruar, whatever name he is currently using) of the Malani to meet me for a duel at the start of Early Earth at the Field of Honour outside the Dragon Gate. I call on all who are not fellow cultists, regimental colleagues and/or tribal comrades of myself or Brear to vote on whether there is cause for this duel.
I have little hope that he will turn up (he has failed to face me 3 times so far), but perhaps this challenge will at least shut him up for a while and give us some peace.

Erik Stargazer
Lt. Warlord Mularik's Company
God talker of Orlanth
Aide to City Lawspeaker
Colymar Tribe
Brear Hofarson

Re: Insults from Brear

Post by Brear Hofarson »

Erik wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:49 pm It seems that Brear (Broar, soon it seems to be Bruar) Hofarson is, as usual, casting insults left right and centre. Whilst I normally do my best to ignore the ravings of this pathetic madman, this month, in his insults to the hierarchy of the Blessed Lady, Chalana Arroy, he has threatened our beloved city with invasion by an army of Broo.
Now we all know what colour trousers Brear would be wearing if he ever set eyes on a Broo and how ridiculous his threats are. Nonetheless, I have decided once more to attempt to get him to stop his ravings by issuing a formal challenge for his insults to myself, the Blessed lady, and all the good folk of Boldhome. I also challenge him for his failure to serve at the front as he had promised to do.
I hereby challenge Brear (Broar, Bruar, whatever name he is currently using) of the Malani to meet me for a duel at the start of Early Earth at the Field of Honour outside the Dragon Gate. I call on all who are not fellow cultists, regimental colleagues and/or tribal comrades of myself or Brear to vote on whether there is cause for this duel.
I have little hope that he will turn up (he has failed to face me 3 times so far), but perhaps this challenge will at least shut him up for a while and give us some peace.

Erik Stargazer
Lt. Warlord Mularik's Company
God talker of Orlanth
Aide to City Lawspeaker
Colymar Tribe
OOC - I wasn't going to do another post today but you have sent this so I felt I had to!

Dear Erik,

Oooh...you brute...there you go again!

Now you know I'm...or actually was as I am thinking I need to say cheerio to Chalana Arroy following their recent Tribunal nonsense...prevented from accepting or participating in duels!

Actually, that's irrelevant anyway as I'm off on a Hero Quest to find Lhankor Mhy to prove my innocence so I won't have time for such activity. However, whenever I get back let's see what transpires.

Brear Hofarson
Saviour of Boldhome
Erik

Re: Insults from Brear

Post by Erik »

My dear Brear,

Your leaving Boldhome will not be a problem. The duel will be at the start of the month, before people need to leave the city to go on campaign or Heroquests and all that (although how you can undertake a heroquest except in Sacred Time is a mystery). I will meet you at dawn outside whichever gate you plan to escape - sorry, leave - by, it does not have to be the Dragon gate although that is customary for these affairs.

I will see you then,

Erik