Hello everyone, I'm so excited to arrive here!

General in character posts
Broaranna

Hello everyone, I'm so excited to arrive here!

Post by Broaranna »

Dear People of Boldhome,

Well what a splendid City this is, I mean I've never been here before in my life but it's like I already know the City like the back of my hand, as they say, however that's all down to the kind information passed down to me by my good cousin Broar Hofarson and my wonderful brother Brear Hofarson, two marvellous fellows for whom I've nothing but praise....although I completely disassociate myself from any issues that they have that could involve legal implication, what with me being a person in my own right, with the female clothing, ginger pigtails, large bosom, that a man wouldn't have etc.

I can't wait to get involved with what's going on here, I hear some fellow called Rufus has been captured and I was going to contribute to his ransom, since Brear has left me a heap of lunars to get me started here, but it looks like that's already been sorted so I won't bother. A shame really as I'd loved to have started off by showing my collective comradeship and all that, but as lots of other people have already chipped in there is clearly no need.

Now, being a newbie, I'm looking for a career here so I thought what better way than to open a Shop, I know there are a couple already but, having checked them out, it seems they're a bit basic really, no offence to them, but they don't really offer what customers really want.....the things that 'Broaranna's Bargain Boutique' can!! Praise be to that impressive pile of lunars brother Brear left me but I'm still keen to take a visit down to 'The Lunar Loans Company' just to top up the funds, you can never have enough lunars! Yes, with these new funds I can probably buy a house too...how exciting.....brother Brear said I ought to get one that is better than someone called Derek...or was it Erik (?)....Starkraving....to get a house better than his and then to hire all of his housekeepers at a better wage as he is, apparently, he's a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to being a decent employer? Who knows, but with all the lunars I have I'm sure I can pay far better than anyone else's wages!

So.....dear people....it looks like Argan Argar membership for me, since you need to get on the good side of the Trader Gods, well one of them at least, I have been advised to steer well clear of the Eurmal Cult, a recipe for disaster apparently! I also look forward to making good friendships with you all, to boost the prestige of the Hofarson name, given past misunderstandings etc. Allow me to end by just clarifying that I'm a woman in my own right, Broaranna Hofarsdaughter, someone to be judged on that fact and no bias given due to past 'issues' with Broar or Brear. Think of me as a delicate flower of a thing, ok a bit big boned but that's only down to the Mostali blood in us as we were a bit of a splinter faction within the Malani Tribe, far more Mostali (Dwarven) than Malani. In fact, we don't really like the Malani Tribe as they're a tad officious at times so we're happy to be friends with even the Colymar, everyone. I'd also just like to quickly add that the Mostali link means that quite a few of us Hofarsdaughters may have a bit of facial stubble from time to time, it's not our fault and we shouldn't be regarded either unfavourably or suspiciously because of it, and certainly not with any stupid gossip that anything like men dressing up as women is involved, so I trust none of you will not be nasty or start to be difficult over this......in fact, I'm probably going to join Lankhor Mhy as well so I have to wear a false beard and that will avoid any needless murmurings.

Anyway, hello to you all and please come and patronise my shop as there will be heaps...heaps of bargains and I'll get a full merchandise list up and published asap.

Kisses to you all darlings,

Broaranna Hofarsdaughter
Proprietor of 'Broaranna's Bargain Boutique'
A woman in her own right
Fionn

Re: Hello everyone, I'm so excited to arrive here!

Post by Fionn »

Lhankor Mhy is the God of Truth ;)
Fionn the dagger, Hundred-Thane and scholar.
grumbold99

Post by grumbold99 »

I find myself reassured, don't you, Fionn? Signing up to a trade cult, even the slightly questionable Argan Argar, and joining the cult of Llankhor Mhy will make stating falsehoods an offense twice over. If this were, say, Broar or Brear in disguise, it would also involve abandoning worship of other gods too, much to their displeasure.

Much more likely that it's an entirely different member of the large and eccentric Hofar clan? Perhaps they see visiting town and taking out big loans before melting away back into the countryside as a wonderful money making scheme at the expense of the money lenders. It'll probably keep working until the loan sharks become angry enough to influence King Argrath to outlaw the entire lot of them.

Welcome to Boldhome, Broaranna.
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Hundred-Thane of the Royal Foot Guard.
Broaranna

Post by Broaranna »

grumbold99 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:30 pm I find myself reassured, don't you, Fionn? Signing up to a trade cult, even the slightly questionable Argan Argar, and joining the cult of Llankhor Mhy will make stating falsehoods an offense twice over. If this were, say, Broar or Brear in disguise, it would also involve abandoning worship of other gods too, much to their displeasure.

Much more likely that it's an entirely different member of the large and eccentric Hofar clan? Perhaps they see visiting town and taking out big loans before melting away back into the countryside as a wonderful money making scheme at the expense of the money lenders. It'll probably keep working until the loan sharks become angry enough to influence King Argrath to outlaw the entire lot of them.

Welcome to Boldhome, Broaranna.
Dearest Grumbold,

Ah....yes, now there might be some confusion so I wouldn't want to get any Gods unnecessarily displeased so maybe it is best that us Hofars continue the fine family tradition of adherence to Chalana Arroy and forget the Argan Argar fellow, thanks for pointing that out to me dear fellow.

As to the Broar or Brear in disguise, I'm glad you rubbished that silly nonsense and I have no intention of melting away into the countryside, Broaranna is here to stay but fair play about the visiting the money lenders, makes sense that decent folk have it to use wisely, rather than these unsavoury types! I shall nip down to the business quarter of the City as one of my first tasks in Boldhome and rest assured the lunars will be put to good use!

Your friend,

Broaranna Hofarsdaughter
A lady of peace and harmony