The Justice for Broar Campaign

General in character posts
Torben

The Justice for Broar Campaign

Post by Torben »

Dearest friends,

Right, about this sham trial nonsense.

I've now had the chance to think a bit and as far as I see it we should be home and dry, and I mean by that to get all these ridiculous and false charges dismissed, if we can just focus ourselves in a strong and co-ordinated way. It seems pretty obvious that behind all this is the worrying presence of some chaotic entity or other, one that has infiltrated our fair City and chosen to target me as I am the most concentrated on bringing peace, love and harmony to everyone. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking I know just exactly who, or rather what, that chaotic entity is masquerading as, but we can come to that later, once I'm freed and back to my healing ways, helping the good folk of Boldhome.

So, what the 'Justice for Broar Campaign' is seeking is two top quality defence witnesses who can attend the sham trial and tell this supposed Deputy for Public Harmony that they've made a serious miscalculation in arresting the peoples favourite and all charges need to be immediately dropped, Broar richly compensated for the injustice against him (about 2000 lunars should cover that) plus Broar himself should be appointed the Deputy for Public Harmony as he is the most harmonious person in the City and, therefore, the most qualified to undertake the role. Once Broar is in office he can then begin arresting the real villains, the actual rogues and traitors.

To assist this process, I've therefore drawn up a quick list of suitable candidates and ask those named to respond to me as a matter of urgency, it's a first come, first served sort of basis thing. I know it's a shame that I can only have two witnesses but, sadly, rules is rules otherwise, believe me friends, I would take you all because I know that is the great love we all have for each other. Anyway, enough of all that, here is the list of candidates -

Quatlu Carasilson - Hey, Quatlu you're a Rune Lord so you've got some clout dear fellow, plus your Warlord of the Royal Foot Guards so that's bound to impress.

Afur Brekalisson - If you recall I once spared your life during a duel, you have to owe me one for that, surely?! Furthermore, with your rank also being a Warlord you can put that Deputy to flight by running her through if she won't drop the charges. Do that for me, Afur old chum, and we're all quits and the duel is a matter totally in the past.

Rufus Bronzer - Wooo, hooo….A Baron and a Warlord, I can't see anyone wanting to argue with you when you speak up for me. I bet you've never forgotten your old comrade-in-arms Broar, well comrade-in-healing as we served together in Mularik's Company and, as the saying goes, 'Once a Mularik, always a Mularik'. Good man Rufus, I knew you'd be onboard and rest assured I'll be straight back in the regiment just as soon as I'm free.

Ivarenna Hainasdaughter - Ok, so you're only a Ten Thane, and you come from the Balmyr BUT at least you're a Baroness, nothing to be sniffed at, and an Assistant Rune Lord. I'm happy to roll with that so you can be a defence witness if you reply quick enough.

Erinestra Harvanasdaughter - It's me Broar, Erinestra….one of your longest, if not the longest, customer and you must remember all those parties that I threw in the past where you came along and had such a great time! Can you have a word with that Queen you're Aide to and get her to speak up for me too.

Grumbold Rahlefson - They often say, save the best until last! Of course that might not be true in social standing or rank when it comes to you Grumbold BUT haven't we been mates for simply aggggggeessss!! I know you'll want to be there for me, but can I put you down as a reserve in case any of the more prestigious one's can't make it. May the Gods bless you.

To anyone else in the City, I reckon you're best off forming some kind of rescue party to storm the City Prison and have me released before the sham trial even starts. My suggestion is that either Julian or Fionn is the lead in this and one is the Commander of the Rescue Party and the other Second-in-Command.

Let's all do this together my friends, let's get 'Justice for Broar'
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Ivarenna

Re: The Justice for Broar Campaign

Post by Ivarenna »

Sorry, do I know you?

I am vaguely acquainted with your alter ego Broaranna, who iirc failed to turn up for a challenge after you insulted your own regiment the Twin Spears.

And I do recall your cousin Brear falsely claiming that he had contributed towards the ransom fund for Rufus.

But as for yourself I understand from Broaranna that you have sway over a gang of those foul creatures the broo who worship the gods of chaos. And the only justice for those who consort with chaos is execution.

In any case you have picked a difficult month. I am needed in court in the latter half of the month, so to be frank I am not in a position to assist you.

But I have faith that the Director of Public Harmony will preside over a fair trial.
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Aide to Goldgotti the City Treasurer
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Hundred-thane, Third Battalion, Mularik's Company
Afur

Post by Afur »

Ivarenna wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:05 am But I have faith that the Director of Public Harmony will preside over a fair trial.
As do I, and we can see the end of this tri-con-person via the executioner/
Afur Brekalisson
First son of a Thane of the Colymar tribe
Warlord of the Colymar Cavalry
Assistant Rune-Lord of Ernalda, the Earth Mother
Initiate, Cult of Orlanth
Charisma: 14
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Though we have never met, I am all in favour of "Justice for Broar". I have already started gathering the necessary tar and feathers.
Fionn the dagger, soldier (leader Free Philosophers) and scholar (Loremaster).
Ondurga

Post by Ondurga »

Am I right in thinking this plea is from the same Broar who once threatened Boldhome with invasion and slaughter?
Broar wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:53 pm What with me now being King of the Broos... I have decided to declare war upon Boldhome and wipe you all out before you can do the same to us. This means I shall not be returning to the City as a citizen... but as a conqueror and you're all going to have to either submit to me or get killed.
Ondurga Yorisdaughter of the Bachad
Torben

Post by Torben »

Ondurga wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:35 am Am I right in thinking this plea is from the same Broar who once threatened Boldhome with invasion and slaughter?
Broar wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:53 pm What with me now being King of the Broos... I have decided to declare war upon Boldhome and wipe you all out before you can do the same to us. This means I shall not be returning to the City as a citizen... but as a conqueror and you're all going to have to either submit to me or get killed.
Dearest Ondurga,

Ah, yes, that...well, I did write that BUT, and I'm surprised that you had to ask, for a very good reason!

You see, once I'd got rid of the actual King Broo I knew I needed to then get the rest of the Broo 'on-side' so that they would believe I was on the same side as them. Therefore using my superior intellect and cunning mind I wrote that letter simply to trick them and it worked, they were completely hoodwinked! Of course, I was never actual an enemy of Boldhome, I never meant what the letter said, it was all just a cunning ruse as the love of Boldhome runs deep in my veins, etched into my heart it is, 105%.

So, once the Broo were deceived into following me I lead them all into a trap and they got wiped out by a passing army of Trolls while I took cover behind some rocks as you also are aware of my deep respect for the vows of Chalana Arroy and I wasn't going to break those by engaging in combat, no matter how much I yearned to 'get at 'em!

I hope that's cleared any misunderstanding up for others and it's a reward I should be getting, an even bigger house than Erik has and a more impressive title since I saved Boldhome rather than threatened it. That's why it's such an injustice that I've been arrested and am facing a sham trial, that's why Ondurga people coming along as defence witnesses or joining an assault party to attack the prison are so urgently needed. What can I put you down for?
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Ondurga

Post by Ondurga »

[Deleted!]
Last edited by Ondurga on Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ondurga

Post by Ondurga »

[Deleted!]
Last edited by Ondurga on Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ondurga

Post by Ondurga »

Broar wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:25 pm I wrote that letter simply to trick them and it worked, they were completely hoodwinked... I never meant what the letter said, it was all just a cunning ruse...
Again, your own words. So many letters. So many 'cunning ruses'.
Broar wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:25 pm that's why Ondurga people coming along as defence witnesses or joining an assault party to attack the prison are so urgently needed. What can I put you down for?
You may put me down as a character witness.
Ondurga

Post by Ondurga »

OOC: don't quite know why edits appear to have generated multiple posts. Looking for the 'delete' option now.