My Lords, I'm available to the first offer!

General in character posts
Torben

My Lords, I'm available to the first offer!

Post by Torben »

To: Grumbold Rahlefson, Lt Warlord of the Royal Foot Guard
Rufus Bronzer, Warlord of Mularik's Company

I'm looking to join a regiment and, after careful consideration and the fact I can't get into many, I thought I'd apply to both of you to see if you'll have me in your respective regiments? There is this business about qualifying criteria or some other legal issues BUT, what with you being top people in your regiments then surely you can 'smooth' matters through for me, you won't be disappointed you know!

Being totally impartial I leave it to whichever one of you get's in first for my services, I'll join your regiment. I have to admit I haven't done any soldiering before but I can wield a mean spade and I've a fair set of muscles on me, plus all my own limbs etc.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Torben Dungshuvler
A talent in the making, bound to be an Officer one day.

P.S Grumbold, I've a note here for you from a King Broar. It says for you to give me 100 lunars as I invested 10 lunars with him on my way to Boldhome and that is what he said the profit will be, apparently you owe him some money, so he told me, and all I had to do was to give you the note and "You'd see me alright".

When can I collect the money?
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
grumbold99

Re: My Lords, I'm available to the first offer!

Post by grumbold99 »

Torben

Firstly, welcome to Boldhome. I, among others, am an example of what a little patience and hard graft can achieve if you choose to make a career in Boldhome. I was barely able to gain admittance to a regiment myself when I first arrived.

Warlord Carasilon is in charge of all recruitment to the Royal Foot Guard. It being a prestige regiment, a certain level of status is required even to apply. If you have shown yourself to be a trustworthy citizen then in a few months I'm sure he will look on your application favourably. In the meantime, perhaps you should consider serving your first summer campaign in a different uniform? Goldgotti's Company was my first unit and serving there can't hurt if you rise in society enough to meet our esteemed Treasurer at some future event.

Borar has been one of the most colourful residents of Boldhome in recent times, but I can honestly say you should never take any advice, especially financial, from that man or any of his close family. It may seem like good advice at first, but in the end you might lose a leg, or worse.

If you lack the status to join a club or a regiment, perhaps your first step should be to decide which cult to join and spend time praying for better advice from the gods. If nothing else, being seen in the temple praying will help your social status.
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Lt Col of the Royal Foot Guard.