Hoftar Beshison

General in character posts
Puckohue
GM

Hoftar Beshison

Post by Puckohue »

Please welcome Hoftar Beshison, the bastard son of a rich Vantaros carl.
Erik

Re: Hoftar Beshison

Post by Erik »

Welcome Hoftar!

As I said to Serbitar, many of us are about to depart for the cruel wars. If you care to join us you will be very welcome, although you may prefer to remain in Boldhome for a while so you may raise your social status whilst deciding if your future path lies as a merchant, a soldier, in the temples or a mixture of them. Please let me know if i may be of assistance to you.

Until I return,

Erik
grumbold99

Post by grumbold99 »

Welcome to Boldhome, Hoftar.

I look forward to greeting you when we return from campaigning, either over a drink at a tavern or perhaps over the counter of my shop, Silks and Sapphires.
Last edited by grumbold99 on Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Hundred-Thane of the Royal Foot Guard.
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

Welcome to Boldhome, Hoftar! I am newly arrived myself. If you fancy a chat you will find me in the Brown Dragon Inn, in the temple district.

Will hopefully be heading off to the front towards the end of the month.
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Initiate of Orlanth
Ten-thane in the Eleven Lights
Hoftar

Post by Hoftar »

Thank you all for the welcome. I think I will spend a little time finding my feet..... This is all new and a little overwhelming for me
Broar

Post by Broar »

Hoftar wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:58 am Thank you all for the welcome. I think I will spend a little time finding my feet..... This is all new and a little overwhelming for me
Hey Hoftar, my good friend,

Hoftar Beshison.......that's kind of like my name, Broar Hofarson!! Are we related? Forget this past Malani ancestry of mine, I abandoned those losers ages ago, I'm Tribe Broar now and we're taking on new tribe members.....likewise, in Cult Broar The Benevolent, we're also looking for new members too.....worthy fellows who are seeking to make a name for themselves in Boldhome and what better way to do so than by joining a cult that is going places!

Unfortunately it's a bit too late to join me on my current Hero Quest BUT....BUT.....there's always the future my friend, the future opportunity to stand alongside God Broar and share in his glory! I'm due to marry Chalana Arroy, you know, the Blessed Mother of compassion and infinite charity....I'm sure you'd love a piece of that eh! Being a member of the newest Light Bringer Cult in Boldhome, especially if doing so comes with the post of a Priest!! Well, that can be your's and how many others can say upon their arrival in the City they are straight away appointed into the exalted ranks of the Priesthood?!

Want to know how.....simple....for a mere 75 lunars I can sort that out for you or, rather, my cousin Brear Hofarson can as he's High Priest of Cult Broar The Benevolent and he's in Boldhome right now! Just send him the 75 lunars and the post is yours.

Look forward to seeing you when I get back from my Hero Quest.
Broar Hofarson (aka Broar Broarson)
A God, Divine Head of Cult Broar the Benevolent
King of the Broos
Past Malani Tribe member (Now Tribe Broar)
Aide to that Dinacoli woman
Orlanth Initiate
Cha 10
Hoftar

Post by Hoftar »

Hey Broar,

Great to hear from you. I may be interested in your kind offer. Thank you so much for taking the time to contact a new arrival who has yet to find his feet! I'll let you know.
Erik

Post by Erik »

Hoftar wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:46 am Hey Broar,

Great to hear from you. I may be interested in your kind offer. Thank you so much for taking the time to contact a new arrival who has yet to find his feet! I'll let you know.
Hoftar,

Sadly, even in our fair city of Boldhome, there are are con artists and scammers waiting to prey on newcomers. Once such is Broar Hofarson, who is a liar, coward and deserter from the regiment he was attached to. He is well known for his scams where he tries to extort money for, for example, fake charms to prevent injury or to give resurrection after death. His "cult of Broar" is a fake religion he has set up with Broar himself as the godhead. Another fake is his "tribe of Broar", he is actually a Malani, although I would not be surprised if his tribe did disown him. "Brear" is yet another fake, he is Broar in a false moustache and hair dye whilst he hides from the moneylenders who want their loans repaid.
There are many honest folk in Boldhome who will be happy to give you a helping hand. Broar is not one of them, do not, I urge you, give him any money.

Erik Stargazer
Hundred Thane Mularik's company
Godtalker of Orlanth
Aide to City Lawspeaker
Colymar Tribe
Broar

Post by Broar »

Hoftar wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:46 am Hey Broar,

Many thanks Hoftar, I can see we're going to be good friends you and I and I can honestly say I sense there are great times ahead for you.

I also see that already....totally predictably....that notorious Boldhome pyscho, Erik Starkraving, has already tried his usual tactic of trying to poison your mind against me. He always tries things like this, well when I say him, it's the voices in his head that are controlling him. I've offered many times to help him, after all he is, supposedly, a fellow Orlanthi and regimental colleague of mine, but each attempt has been met with rejection which says it all really.

Still, let's not worry ourselves unduly over the lost cause that is Erik and concentrate instead on positive matters, like our growing friendship and how I, as a true friend, can help you out and get you properly established here in the City. As I said, I hope to be back soon after Fire Season and then we can meet up. In the meantime, if there is anything you need, please see my cousin Brear who will be more than happy to assist you in your endeavours.
Broar Hofarson (aka Broar Broarson)
A God, Divine Head of Cult Broar the Benevolent
King of the Broos
Past Malani Tribe member (Now Tribe Broar)
Aide to that Dinacoli woman
Orlanth Initiate
Cha 10
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

Hail and well-met Hoftar Beshison! Allow me to extend you greetings and felicitations. I see that many of the folk of Boldhome have also offered you welcome, which is a good way to begin life in the city. Like many brave warriors who are loyal to our King, I am with the King's host upon campaign this season and thus am not able to greet you in person. As you find your way around Boldhome, if you plan to follow the path of the warrior, may I strongly recommend you call upon the Great Temple of Orlanth to join the cult as a lay member and thus be eligible to join a regiment without a penalty added to your enlistment attempt. Many of Orlanth's followers are here at the Front, but at our return I should like to meet you and hoist a pint with my new Sword-Brother, Hoftar. Beware those in Boldhome who sing a siren's song of friendship and assistance, for in truth they seek only to separate you from your coin. Until later then...

Be well!
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Aide to Eorl Jenga Aeensdaughter
Colymar Tribe