Court

Puckohue
GM

Court

Post by Puckohue »

Rufus wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:07 amAttending court seems a bit unattractive
I'm addin stuff about court, effective immediately:

You will now normally be able to toady to a court member if in their presence, in addition to having a chance of Royal Notice.

Royal Notice now involves rolling on a table with specific results for each court member.

You can invite court members to private events.

Court members might show up uninvited to private events.

Senior cult officials will have (limited) access to court, and some court obligations.

Titled characters will have court obligations.
Puckohue
GM

Re: Court

Post by Puckohue »

Oh, and being at events in the palaces etc will get you CPs in a way similar to being invited to parties at inns above your CHA level.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Sounds interesting and look forward to the reading the full rules.

Historically attending court was the major way of progressing your status - and also getting into trouble.
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
Erik

Post by Erik »

This might already be in the rules, but I cannot find it. Are spontaneous duels allowed at court?
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Erik wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:28 pm Are spontaneous duels allowed at court?
Rules as written: yes.

I expect that to be fun, increase PC interaction, and make people have to choose between fulfilling their courtly obligations and escaping duels.

But we can discuss it, if it seems like a bad idea.
Erik

Post by Erik »

For myself, I think it is very good idea.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Occasionally you could have cause for a duel but be in the same regiment meaning a year's disgrace if fought. I guess that you both have to refuse the duel and accept the cp loss. Difficult if it is an issue like lovers and precedence.
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Rufus wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:32 pm Occasionally you could have cause for a duel but be in the same regiment meaning a year's disgrace if fought. I guess that you both have to refuse the duel and accept the cp loss. Difficult if it is an issue like lovers and precedence.
That sounds like a Prisoner's Dilemma; do you trust your opponent to refuse to duel? If so, you should accept and brazen it out (or change regiments); but if not, you should refuse :?
Fionn the dagger, Hundred-Thane and scholar.