To: Erik Stargazer

General in character posts
Brear Hofarson

To: Erik Stargazer

Post by Brear Hofarson »

Dear future Mularik's Company colleague Erik,

I have already announced my intention to contribute to the ransom fund you have instigated for the unfortunate Griselna, which, I must add, was a most noble action upon your part to try and help this young woman.

Now, even though I have already made a pledge I was thinking what more can I do to help as I am conscious my contribution of 5 lunars is somewhat sparse, limited by pressing financial constraints here presently. Then it dawned on me, what with you being so busy at the Front, fighting the enemy etc how in the Gods names was it going to be either practical or possible for you to try and organise the ransom fund kitty?! It might get lost by falling from your saddlebags during a charge, left behind if the enemy press an attack and our forces are forced to withdraw or, Orlanth prevail, one of the numerous troops out there at the Front might have it away....you see, you never know!

This is where I come in, I can take all that pressure away and organise the ransom fund back here in Boldhome where there are no such worries and you can get on with the job of winning the war, simple eh! I honestly don't mind taking on the extra work, especially for a future regimental colleague and someone who I think I ought to help out considering the past issues with cousin Brear, ooops, I mean Broar all this nonsense about who is who has got me at it now! So, just send me the money - 200 lunars I believe you pledged - along with any monies from anyone else and I'll get in touch with Grislena's keepers and sort out getting her freed.

Brear Hofarson
High Priest of Cult Broar the Benevolent
Initiate of Chalana Arroy
Lay member of Eurmal
An all round good man