To: Warlord Rufus Bronzer

General in character posts
Brear Hofarson

To: Warlord Rufus Bronzer

Post by Brear Hofarson »

Warlord Rufus,

Sir, I'm just contacting you about finalising the arrangements for my move across to your fine regiment, Mularik's Company, to take up the position recently vacated by my cousin, God & King of the Broos, Broar Hofarson.

You'll be glad to know I've sorted out my departure from the Eleven Lights and so it's all ready to go in joining you and the troops. In confidence though I have to let you know it was far from an easy task, my leaving the old Eleven Lights lot, as the Warlord there made a right scene and was simply begging me to stay. In all honesty it was a bit embarrassing, the fellow starts blubbing and crying, going down on his knees and begging me to stay with them, all this stuff about how I was the best Healer in Boldhome, now that cousin Broar has moved on, and he couldn't face losing my services etc etc. Being a compassionate man, well we Healers are of course, I admit I had to bite the old top lip a few times as I could feel myself nearly going as it's no easy thing to watch a grown man crying like a baby!

Still, it's all for the greater good I resolved to myself and Rufus and the rest of Mularik's Company deserve me more than they do, especially as I've been wracked with a degree of family guilt since I know I have to make up for Broar's sudden calling away for Hero Questing just at the time you were all off to the Front. Fear not though, Warlord Bronzer, I'm committed fully to sticking with you all, through thick and thin, and with me not being a God and having the responsibilities Broar has I'll not be going anywhere without you all.

So, as soon as you're all back from the Front I'll be straight over with all my medical gear and ready to get cracking on checking everyone over to assess any injuries / wounds picked up while you were off on campaign. I can see we're going to have a great future together and it'll be a pleasure to be part of the regiment.

Respectfully yours,

Brear Hofarson
The Best Healer in the City
The Saviour of Boldhome
Rufus

Re: To: Warlord Rufus Bronzer

Post by Rufus »

Rufus ponders the request from Brear Hofarson with concern. Normally, he would be delighted to have a regimental healer join the regiment but this Brear is related to the infamous Broar Hofarson who deserted the regiment when most needed, had a ego so puffed up that he compared himself to the holy Lightbringers and finally turned traitor to the Kingdom.

Surely any relative of Broar is likely to be tainted and risks bringing dishonour to the Company.

Now if Brear was truly keen, he would make himself available for the final month of the current campaign.

He announces that if Brear applies to join the regiment immediately and participates in the last month of the campaign then he will be promptly admitted and welcomed.

If he wishes to join at a later date, after the campaign has ended, then Rufus will defer his decision. For now, the campaign has his full attention and matters concerning events after the regiment has returned can be considered then.
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
Brear Hofarson

Re: To: Warlord Rufus Bronzer

Post by Brear Hofarson »

Warlord Baron Rufus,

Word reaches me that you have received my application to become Regimental Healer, replacing my cousin Broar.

Now, as I understand it, you are keen on me joining you and the rest of the Regiment for the final season of the current campaign. Indeed, should I accomplish this my acceptance into Mularik's Company will be a relatively straight forward and guaranteed matter. I have to say that is wonderful news, you don't realise how much it means to me to be able to recognise myself as a comrade of you all, it truly does but, and this is the bit that sticks in my throat.....it really does....sadly...annoyingly....frustratingly....I can't make it until the start of next Season.

I'm sure you're a man who recognises commitment and duty, a man of your status and position naturally would I know, well you're bound to aren't you! Warlords and Barons are known for their understanding of such so that is why I ask for just a teensy-weensy bit of patience - a Late Fire Season's worth to be precise - and then I can properly join you. If only you knew how much I'd wracked my brain trying to see if I could get to the Front before the Season ended but what with a Chief Priest and a High Priest (the type of people you certainly don't want to disappoint, let down or annoy) who both wish to see me, plus a couple of personal matters to finalise before I become your Regimental Healer time is, regrettably, against me...damn!

So, having explained everything, and given my past pledge of loyalty and commitment, 101% of it to make clear, can I respectfully ask that you fill in any paperwork that is necessary and let the lads know I'll be on my way soon. Remember it's only a measly 4 weeks, what's that between comrades eh, it'll soon fly by and I'm sure you'll all be fine out there, if anyone does get terribly maimed or....and perish the thought here....something worse then good old Broar, gosh, ooops there I go again, seems I can never get that cousin of mine out of my mind :lol: ;) I mean good old Brear, i.e. me, will be ready to administer my healing skills when they get back to Boldhome. I'd never be able to live with myself if I didn't do all I could and utilise my healing skills to full effect, especially if it were one of the Senior Officers, like Erik for example, that would be absolutely awful if something happened to him....shudder.....

Best loyal and respectful regards,

Brear Hofarson
Regimental Healer of the Eleven Lights
Regimental Healer of Mularik's Company (in-waiting)
Saviour of Boldhome