Broar - missing you already!

Rufus

Broar - missing you already!

Post by Rufus »

All OoC.

Broar was the most annoying character in the game - causing several people inconvenience at best.

But

But

But.....

He was the most interesting character as well. A bit like Alan Rickman as the Sherriff of Nottingham in Prince of Thieves - he enlivened the whole thing when compared to more staid players such as Rufus. In character, Rufus would be delighted to see Broar gone - in fact he would like to see Broar's head only return to Boldhome (on a spike). But as a player, I congratulate Broar's player on running so infuriating (and amusing) a character.
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
Brear Hofarson

Re: Broar - missing you already!

Post by Brear Hofarson »

Rufus wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm All OoC.

Broar was the most annoying character in the game - causing several people inconvenience at best.

But

But

But.....

He was the most interesting character as well. A bit like Alan Rickman as the Sherriff of Nottingham in Prince of Thieves - he enlivened the whole thing when compared to more staid players such as Rufus. In character, Rufus would be delighted to see Broar gone - in fact he would like to see Broar's head only return to Boldhome (on a spike). But as a player, I congratulate Broar's player on running so infuriating (and amusing) a character.
OOC - Most kind of you to say so - well not the bit about Broar's head on a spike (but we'll come back to that later!) - one tries to contribute a bit of entertainment to the game, and the occasional chuckle or two, even if it does come with a certain amount of disadvantage to the character (Broar) that I was playing.

However, fret not for I feel that Broar's presence / legacy will live on in Boldhome so you don't have to lament his 'leaving' ( ;) ) and, who knows, he may return in the future.....with or without his Broo followers! Further good news is that the Hofarson family is quite a large one with, I hear rumour, a number of other relatives who have expressed an interest in visiting the City one day! I'm sure that Brear mentioned a certain uncle of his Bruar Hofarson could be on his way soon, a remarkable fellow apparently in that despite being some 20+ yrs older than Brear and Broar he was favoured by Chalana Arroy with a blessing that makes his skin & complexion about 20 yrs younger.....if it wasn't for the fact his hair and beard are grey he could easily be mistaken as one of their brothers!

Anyway, to conclude, thank you again for the kind comments and if Rufus is keen to see Broar's visage raised high in the City he could always contribute to a nice big statue of Broar that Brear can arrange, heck Rufus could even do the official unveiling! Naturally a decent statue wouldn't come cheap but if Rufus were able to chip in, say, 300 / 400 lunars that would be a great help and get the statue fund up and running. Just include the transfer of funds in your orders to Brear and leave everything to him to sort out!
grumbold99

Post by grumbold99 »

I can only echo Rufus and say Broar has been equal parts maddening and entertaining, much to the benefit of the other players. The game needs us to entertain one another as it's a bit dry if all we do is stick to the mechanical rules aspects.

Having said that, I hope I may be long retired before the next generation of Broo Hofarson's show up to cause trouble ;)
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Hundred-Thane of the Royal Foot Guard.
Erinestra

Post by Erinestra »

OOC: same here.

Every game like this benefits from an "antagonist" and Broar fulfilled that in spades. I've not been able to pay much attention but I've liked reading Broar's escapades, truly the Flashman of our times!
Erinestra Harvanasdaughter
Third daughter of a Free Carl of the Locaem tribe
Assistant Rune Lord of Issaries
Lay member of Eurmal
Owner of Erinestra's Emporium Extraordinaire
Charisma: 12
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

For some reason, Rufus is reluctant to fund a stone monument to Broar - unless, perhaps, the effigy is carved as a surround to the exit pipe of Boldhome’s municipal sewer….. :D
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
Brear Hofarson

Post by Brear Hofarson »

OOC - My thanks to the players of Grumbold & Erinestra (+ Rufus already noted) for their kind comments, I'm glad that Broar's exploits have provided some interest and I hope that he - I mean Brear (of course ;) !) can continue doing so in Broar's place. I have to hold my hands up to the fact in the various games of En Garde that I've played / am playing in most of my characters (lol, ok all of them!) tend to be much the same and only the names are different, they're all mad narcissists some might comment, of course I would argue that they're simply misunderstood!

Anyway thank you again for your nice comments, being a politician (yes, I know who'd have guessed it!) in the real world I don't tend to get too many of those.....all I need now is just to hear from my old mate Erik......it would be truly sweet indeed to be able to read words of similar sentiment from him :D ;)

Jason F
(Aka Broar / Brear / The Hofarson Clan!)
Erik

Post by Erik »

(OOC:I have to admit that in some ways I will be sorry when Broar's (Brear's) sins finally catch up with him and he gets his well earned retribution. Being the slippery eel that he is that may take a while (and more incarnations!).