Ransom

An OOC part of the forum. IC posts will be deleted.
Puckohue
GM

Re: Ransom

Post by Puckohue »

I'm considering making wealthy lovers contribute to ransoms even if they are of lower CHA.
Erik

Post by Erik »

Puckohue wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:01 am I'm considering making wealthy lovers contribute to ransoms even if they are of lower CHA.
Sounds logical (says the player with a wealthy lover!). Perhaps with penalties if said lover gets dumped within say 6 months of them contributing to the ransom.
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

Puckohue wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:01 am I'm considering making wealthy lovers contribute to ransoms even if they are of lower CHA.
Good idea!

Currently rule is ...

A wealthy lover with CHA>prisoner’s CHA will offer to pay CHA difference/2 x 15% of the ransom

How about changing the rule to: a wealthy lover contributes CHAx10 Lunars to the ransom? I guess there is a chance they might not contribute which could be simulated by rolling 1 on a D6 for lovers of higher CHA, or 1-2 on a D6 for lovers of equal or lower CHA.
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Aide to Jarl Minonast Gargson of Wilmskirk
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Hundred-thane in Mularik's Company
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

Ivarenna wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:20 pm
Good idea!

Currently rule is ...

A wealthy lover with CHA>prisoner’s CHA will offer to pay CHA difference/2 x 15% of the ransom

How about changing the rule to: a wealthy lover contributes CHAx10 Lunars to the ransom? I guess there is a chance they might not contribute which could be simulated by rolling 1 on a D6 for lovers of higher CHA, or 1-2 on a D6 for lovers of equal or lower CHA.
Alternative formulae:-

1) Lover's CHAxCHA Lunars (in other words the Lover's CHA squared). Lover contributes nothing if a 1 is rolled on a D6.

or

2) Lover's CHA x 5 x (1D6-1) Lunars.
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Aide to Jarl Minonast Gargson of Wilmskirk
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Hundred-thane in Mularik's Company
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Ivarenna wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:05 am Lover's CHAxCHA Lunars (in other words the Lover's CHA squared). Lover contributes nothing if a 1 is rolled on a D6.
I think I like this suggestion the most. Does anyone see any problems with it?
Erik

Post by Erik »

Puckohue wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:27 am
Ivarenna wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:05 am Lover's CHAxCHA Lunars (in other words the Lover's CHA squared). Lover contributes nothing if a 1 is rolled on a D6.
I think I like this suggestion the most. Does anyone see any problems with it?
Looks good to me.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Surely wealthy lovers should be more likely to help; perhaps wealthy lovers have a 1/10 chance of not contributuing, and others 1/5 or 1/6?
Fionn the dagger, Hundred-Thane and scholar.
grumbold99

Post by grumbold99 »

Fionn wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:59 am Surely wealthy lovers should be more likely to help; perhaps wealthy lovers have a 1/10 chance of not contributuing, and others 1/5 or 1/6?
I believe that only wealthy lovers contribute at all.
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Lt Col of the Royal Foot Guard.