visiting Chalana Arroy temple for healing

An OOC part of the forum. IC posts will be deleted.
Ivarenna

visiting Chalana Arroy temple for healing

Post by Ivarenna »

Apologies if there is a rule for this already. I couldn't see one.

Suggested rule:-

A week spent at the Chalana Arroy temple heals 1D6 x 10 Endurance points. A donation of 5% of income must he made.
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Aide to Jarl Minonast Gargson of Wilmskirk
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Hundred-thane in Mularik's Company
Quatlu

Re: visiting Chalana Arroy temple for healing

Post by Quatlu »

I like this proposal Baroness. May I suggest a couple of different levels of healing be available, as I almost got killed in a duel prior to the Fire Season campaign, and I went through three battles at half my endurance or less. It would also be good to know if the Temple can also resurrect a character.
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to Jarl Anoltip Salinathson
Colymar Tribe
Fionn

Re: visiting Chalana Arroy temple for healing

Post by Fionn »

Quatlu wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:03 am I almost got killed in a duel prior to the Fire Season campaign, and I went through three battles at half my endurance or less. It would also be good to know if the Temple can also resurrect a character.
At present, half the points lost are recovered the turn after the duel, which should put you above half Endurance immediately (and liable to be duelled, but that is another problem). Perhaps serving at the Front does not gain this benefit; but I think it should.

And a Chalana Arroy member can resurrect a character by Divine Intervention immediately, or by a Heroquest next Sacred Time. That seems good enough to me; what looks to one person like "keeping an enjoyable character in play" will to somebody else be "making the block on my promotion permanent".
Fionn the dagger, Hundred-Thane and scholar.