It's despicable really, is there no end to his duels?!

General in character posts
Broaranna

It's despicable really, is there no end to his duels?!

Post by Broaranna »

Dear friends, fellow Boldhomers,

You'll no doubt, by now, have heard of the despicable efforts of one (Evil) Erik Starkraving / Stargazing (whatever) at Dragon's Gate.

Last season he issued a challenge to the Malani individual calling themselves Broaranna Hofarsdaughter. That was his challenge, nothing more specific than that, just a general challenge upon those terms.

Now, if the fellow was half switched on and not a total idiot / psychopath he'd surely have realised that Broaranna is a very popular and common name amongst the Malani, likewise, too, is the family name of Hofar....a very large, prestigious and proud family amongst the Malani tribe....indeed, many consider them ranking highly in the echelons of Malani nobility. So, my very valid point is, anyone sensible would know that if you issue such a challenge then you're going to get a fair few turning up to answer it.

I, myself, having heard the challenge went along to defend our family honour BUT, when I got there, imagine my horror (and disgust) to observe a small group of people, including the elderly, disabled, pregnant etc already in discussion with Evil Erik who appeared to be frothing at the mouth in his frenzy to attack and injure people again. I could barely believe what I was seeing, is this man really a Lt Warlord and in receipt of property from the Queen.....yet, there he was threatening the weak and vulnerable! Worse still there was a small, 5 year old girl with a rag dolly who was also named Broaranna Hofarsdaughter, I'm told (and so was her dolly), reduced to floods of tears before she could even say her name......scared to death by the ranting lunatic standing in front of her.

On behalf of all decent people in Boldhome, on behalf of righteous Lightbringer Cult members and on behalf of simple common decency and harmony I urge everyone to sign a petition to the King to have this loathsome villain either executed or banished from the City. I'll be starting this petition in Early Dark Season and leaving copies in the Scribbled Scroll, the Chalana Arroy Temple, nailed to the door of my lodgings and at the barracks of the Twin Spears Regiment. Do come along and add your signature.

Broaranna Hofarsdaughter
Regimental Healer of the Twin Spears Regiment
A very nice lady of peace and harmony