Looks Like Plan 'C' then - In Memory of Malvolio!

General in character posts
Torben

Looks Like Plan 'C' then - In Memory of Malvolio!

Post by Torben »

Dear All,

I have to say it has been a most disappointing response to both Plans A & B !!

Firstly no-one seems to have any money and the Ransom proposal only received 2 actual pledges (Me & Erinestra) and 1 potential pledge (Wonderful) so that was the end of that idea as we were way short of the 900 lunars needed.

The Rescue Mission had only 2 volunteers (Me - in a Co-ordinating role & the daring Darada) so that was the end of that too!

Thus,we find ourselves left with Plan 'C'....the 'In Memory of Malvolio Knees up Special'!! Well, I mean, why not, there doesn't seem much in the way of any other options so we can at least give the poor fellow a good send off and try and absolve our collective guilt while we're doing so! I'm just about to confirm my membership of the fairly upmarket Scribbled Scroll Inn - the perks of being one of Lankhor Mhy's followers - and so I'd like to invite everyone....well maybe not any of those Colymar tribe types, nasty, rude, rough individuals, all sweaty and stinky....to join me in Week 2 of Middle Fire Season. That's not all, because I'm such a nice lad you can also bring your lover along, if you have one, PLUS I'll also pay your costs as it seems I'm one of the richest guys in town, even though I'm poor (!), courtesy of a dead lunar's corpse!

So, come along if you're not a Colymar and join me in raising numerous toasts to Malvolio and if we drink enough we may even forget all about the sad reason for our gathering. Mind you if Malvolio does miraculously escape I trust you will all tell him I did my best to save him, as I hear he's a bit handy with the old sword and I'd hate him to get the wrong impression that I was hosting a p**s up at his expense, so to speak.
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Erik

Re: Looks Like Plan 'C' then - In Memory of Malvolio!

Post by Erik »

Sir,

You insult both my tribe and my regiment. If you are a person of honour you will back up those words with steel. I note you are wounded at present, I am willing to wait to chastise you at the start of Late Fire, before volunteers leave for the front. I await your reply.

In the service of Boldhome

Erik Stagazer
Proud member of the Colymar Tribe
Proud soldier of the Colymar Cavalry

(OOC: Broar grossly insulted the Colymar in his Plan C letter. I am assuming that this gives me cause to challenge him. Am I correct in the way I have done this, or should I have challenged him to fight in a week of Middle Fire?)
Erinestra

Post by Erinestra »

Broar wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:39 am Dear All,

I have to say it has been a most disappointing response to both Plans A & B !!

Firstly no-one seems to have any money and the Ransom proposal only received 2 actual pledges (Me & Erinestra) and 1 potential pledge (Wonderful) so that was the end of that idea as we were way short of the 900 lunars needed.

The Rescue Mission had only 2 volunteers (Me - in a Co-ordinating role & the daring Darada) so that was the end of that too!

Thus,we find ourselves left with Plan 'C'....the 'In Memory of Malvolio Knees up Special'!! Well, I mean, why not, there doesn't seem much in the way of any other options so we can at least give the poor fellow a good send off and try and absolve our collective guilt while we're doing so! I'm just about to confirm my membership of the fairly upmarket Scribbled Scroll Inn - the perks of being one of Lankhor Mhy's followers - and so I'd like to invite everyone....well maybe not any of those Colymar tribe types, nasty, rude, rough individuals, all sweaty and stinky....to join me in Week 2 of Middle Fire Season. That's not all, because I'm such a nice lad you can also bring your lover along, if you have one, PLUS I'll also pay your costs as it seems I'm one of the richest guys in town, even though I'm poor (!), courtesy of a dead lunar's corpse!

So, come along if you're not a Colymar and join me in raising numerous toasts to Malvolio and if we drink enough we may even forget all about the sad reason for our gathering. Mind you if Malvolio does miraculously escape I trust you will all tell him I did my best to save him, as I hear he's a bit handy with the old sword and I'd hate him to get the wrong impression that I was hosting a p**s up at his expense, so to speak.
Dear broar, really sorry to hear this, sadly I am not a member of any regiment and my skills do not lie towards daring rescue attempts. I'll be happy to attend a party though.
Erinestra Harvanasdaughter
Third daughter of a Free Carl of the Locaem tribe
Assistant Rune Lord of Issaries
Lay member of Eurmal
Owner of Erinestra's Emporium Extraordinaire
Charisma: 12
Finn

Post by Finn »

I actually feel quite insulted!

Here I am, at the Front, under command of the King and army command, I have no money to give, but pledge to provide what I can, when I can! I literally owe money to those who would probably break my kneecaps if I don't risk life and limb at the Front to act heroic and gather as much loot as possible.

And yet, my BEST offer is perceived as almost a slight!

Wonderful!
Finn Harilson
Bastard of a Rich Eorl, Vantaros Tribe.
Saling

Post by Saling »

If there wont be a rescue I would be honored to share a drink.
Dararda Jarnasdaugther Warrior of the Snakepipe Dancers
Torben

Post by Torben »

Erik wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:14 am Sir,

You insult both my tribe and my regiment. If you are a person of honour you will back up those words with steel. I note you are wounded at present, I am willing to wait to chastise you at the start of Late Fire, before volunteers leave for the front. I await your reply.

In the service of Boldhome

Erik Stagazer

(OOC: Broar grossly insulted the Colymar in his Plan C letter. I am assuming that this gives me cause to challenge him. Am I correct in the way I have done this, or should I have challenged him to fight in a week of Middle Fire?)
To: Erik Stagazer....Stargazer...?

Colymar fellow, if you insist upon issuing a challenge I would suggest that it is the usual protocol to at least spell your own name correctly!

I am assuming that your lineage is of the Stargazer family, and not Stagazer? It becomes a little confusing when seeking to formally respond, a trivial matter perhaps but when one receives a challenge from an individual who, apparently, is unable to even spell his own name it doesn't inspire much confidence that a duel against said person is much to get excited about! Especially after the fact I've already beaten the supposed 'cream' of the Colymars by whipping 'Awful Afur' recently! I mean, can I expect you to even turn up with a weapon, one of Erinestra's fine axes, for example? Perhaps you will instead arrive with an Ox?! Who knows.....

I'll make sure that I discuss this with my guests at Scribbled Scroll this coming month, seek their views on the matter, I would have asked you directly but, of course, you're not invited!
Torben Dungshuvler
💩
Erik

Post by Erik »

To Bore Hofarson

(See, I know how to misspell your name as well. It's more suitable that way as well).

I am surprised that you need to ask other people about my challenge. I have usually found that gentlemen know their own honour best but clearly this does not apply to you. I have no need for a superfluous Ox if you are present. Once someone has explained about honourable behaviour to you (and assuming that you have the wit to comprehend the explanation) I will expect you on the duelling grounds at the start of Late Fire. You need not fear a lapsus calami from me, instead fear where I might slip the blade of my sword.

Erik Stargazer
Ondurga

Post by Ondurga »

Dear Broar,

Wise is Lhankor Mhy, and wise are those who follow him. So said Orlanth after that thing that happened during the Lightbringers' quest when Lhankor Mhy learned something he could not know, or something. I didn't entirely follow that part, but then why would I?
I'm sure you could fill me in on the details over an ale or twelve.

Which brings me on to your 3 plans. Amazing! Each one perfect and unassailable, albeit two doomed to failure through no fault or lack of your own. This third plan, as you call it 'Plan C', though, this intrigues me greatly and seems entirely workable. I'd be glad to try and help make it a success.

None can say I am backwards when it comes to coming forward to help a fallen comrade. Even one who has insulted me in the past. I love a good insult. His was somewhat paltry but then if it had not been it would have meant axes in a darkened coal cellar and who knows how that would have gone? I do. It would have been bloody scary and almost entirely random. I've done it before and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Pitch black and the occasional swish of an axe at head height. I won that one by stumbling around on my knees. Other chap's axe nearly shaved my head, but I spilt his nethers wide open. Unpleasant but effective. Anyway, I think I'm rambling now. Good times.

All of which is to say I will gladly, proudly, brazenly, stand forth, be counted, be one of your chosen band, and drink some booze in honour/memory of whatever his name was.
Ondurga Yorisdaughter of the Bachad
Torben

Post by Torben »

Jarrek wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:39 pm Dear Broar,

Wise is Lhankor Mhy, and wise are those who follow him. So said Orlanth after that thing that happened during the Lightbringers' quest when Lhankor Mhy learned something he could not know, or something. I didn't entirely follow that part, but then why would I?
I'm sure you could fill me in on the details over an ale or twelve.

Which brings me on to your 3 plans. Amazing! Each one perfect and unassailable, albeit two doomed to failure through no fault or lack of your own. This third plan, as you call it 'Plan C', though, this intrigues me greatly and seems entirely workable. I'd be glad to try and help make it a success.

None can say I am backwards when it comes to coming forward to help a fallen comrade. Even one who has insulted me in the past. I love a good insult. His was somewhat paltry but then if it had not been it would have meant axes in a darkened coal cellar and who knows how that would have gone? I do. It would have been bloody scary and almost entirely random. I've done it before and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Pitch black and the occasional swish of an axe at head height. I won that one by stumbling around on my knees. Other chap's axe nearly shaved my head, but I spilt his nethers wide open. Unpleasant but effective. Anyway, I think I'm rambling now. Good times.

All of which is to say I will gladly, proudly, brazenly, stand forth, be counted, be one of your chosen band, and drink some booze in honour/memory of whatever his name was.
Dear Jarrek,

Marvellous, you're on the guest list!

You seem an interesting fellow, unlike some around the city - those Colymar curs for example - and I look forward to chatting to you over the free refreshments you will find provided...bargain eh!
Torben Dungshuvler
💩
Torben

Post by Torben »

Erik wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:42 pm To Bore Hofarson

(See, I know how to misspell your name as well. It's more suitable that way as well).

I am surprised that you need to ask other people about my challenge. I have usually found that gentlemen know their own honour best but clearly this does not apply to you. I have no need for a superfluous Ox if you are present. Once someone has explained about honourable behaviour to you (and assuming that you have the wit to comprehend the explanation) I will expect you on the duelling grounds at the start of Late Fire. You need not fear a lapsus calami from me, instead fear where I might slip the blade of my sword.

Erik Stargazer
To: Erik Starkraving

Late Fire Season....Late Fire Season....oh, I see...we have a cowardly Colymar here, one without the balls to fight right now but wants to put it off / delay matters, no doubt to then come up with an excuse to scuttle away to the Front or somewhere to avoid me!! What's up Erik, trying to fit in some desperate training sessions or work out if you can sign up for a Caravan to Pavis so you can escape?

I guess, upon reflection, it doesn't really matter to me, Middle Fire Season, Late Fire Season etc, whenever I'll beat you just the same as I did that Afur friend of yours. I just hope you don't start blubbing like he did, all those tears and pitiful pleas for mercy, very embarrassing in my humble opinion.

Ok, Late Fire Season it is, though I won't hold my breath that you'll turn up.

OOC - Broar accepts the duel and looks forward to adding another Colymar notch onto his sword hilt!
Torben Dungshuvler
💩