Rules Questions

An OOC part of the forum. IC posts will be deleted.
Puckohue
GM

Re: Rules Questions

Post by Puckohue »

What Malvolio said.

Tending to your shop is not doing cult duties, but I'll start a "suggestions" thread where we can discuss it.
Erinestra

Post by Erinestra »

Malvolio wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:19 pm Perhaps a fellow Issarian can assist , while the GM is working on improvements and next turn (I hope ;) ). Mandatory Ceremonies (at the end of the Cults section) says that every cult member has to attend one ceremony in the holy season, which for Issaries is Spring. (Thus your interception when you wanted to spend the last week of Spring partying). You also have to attend one ceremony during Sacred Time, but since only cult-related orders are allowed that month, this is not so difficult.

The two weeks per month for initiates (and one for god-talkers) are a separate rule. I can see nothing that says keeping shop counts, but you could always ask for time off, and hope for a favourable dieroll mod since this is a Trade cult.
Thanks for the clarification.
Erinestra Harvanasdaughter
Third daughter of a Free Carl of the Locaem tribe
Assistant Rune Lord of Issaries
Lay member of Eurmal
Owner of Erinestra's Emporium Extraordinaire
Charisma: 12
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

When going to or remaining at the front, what orders do we need to submit, if any? I'm assuming other than deciding whether or not to engage in any poltroonery, and if so how much, there are no other decisions to make.
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Aide to Goldgotti the City Treasurer
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Hundred-thane, Third Battalion, Mularik's Company
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Ondureen wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:17 pm When going to or remaining at the front, what orders do we need to submit, if any? I'm assuming other than deciding whether or not to engage in any poltroonery, and if so how much, there are no other decisions to make.
None, really.

Optionally: orders on poltroonery and/or reckless bravery.
Erinestra

Post by Erinestra »

Puckohue wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:54 pm What Malvolio said.

Tending to your shop is not doing cult duties, but I'll start a "suggestions" thread where we can discuss it.
OK, so if I want to be a decent merchant I'll need to get above initiate, in fact waiting to apply to be initiate for a few extra turns probably make sense.
Erinestra Harvanasdaughter
Third daughter of a Free Carl of the Locaem tribe
Assistant Rune Lord of Issaries
Lay member of Eurmal
Owner of Erinestra's Emporium Extraordinaire
Charisma: 12
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Questuion about Inns: if I am at war for the season, I can gain nothing from my membership of an Inn. Do I need to resign to save money, or will the membership (and other similar things) go into suspension?
Fionn the dagger, soldier (leader Free Philosophers) and scholar (Loremaster).
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Malvolio wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:10 pm Questuion about Inns: if I am at war for the season, I can gain nothing from my membership of an Inn. Do I need to resign to save money, or will the membership (and other similar things) go into suspension?
No, you don't pay support cost, inn dues, lover support, cult dues, horse&groom support, shop cost etc when at the front.

You still get your allowance and any other regular income.
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

I wanted to get some clarification on the use of provisional orders. As I understand it (but cannot recall where I saw it), you can insert a provisional order based on a prior week's action result. IE, if the action in week One was successful, then do this. If the action in week One was unsuccessful, then do this. Am I correct?
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to a member of the City Ring
Colymar Tribe
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Quatlu wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:05 pm Am I correct?
Yes, you are!
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

I am not clear about whether and when NPCs can die at the Front. For example the despatches for last turn say that the adjutant of the Free Philosophers became a casualty; but the Army List for this month shows the same number of officers (specifically Ten-Thanes) in post as before. Which is right?
Fionn the dagger, soldier (leader Free Philosophers) and scholar (Loremaster).