A Letter to Varadan Crow-Shadow

General in character posts
Quatlu

A Letter to Varadan Crow-Shadow

Post by Quatlu »

Having received promotion to become Warlord of the Royal Foot Guards and now returned to Boldhome, I have completed a review of the regimental documents from my predecessor. I noted that you applied to join the Royal Foot Guards in week three last month, and that for some reason your application for enlistment was denied. Should you still wish to enlist with this regiment, as Warlord I now extend to you an invitation to seek enlistment, and to become a part of this honored regiment in service to our beloved King. Your enlistment will be approved, should you wish to submit it.
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Aide to Eorl Jenga Aeensdaughter
Colymar Tribe
Brear Hofarson

Re: A Letter to Varadan Crow-Shadow

Post by Brear Hofarson »

Dear Quatlu, old chum

I'd love to sign up to the Royal Foot Guards too, as your Regimental Healer as I note you have a vacancy!

There is the current slight issue of some outrageous trumped up charges being levelled against me BUT I intend to contest these with all of my resources.....however, should there continue to be a problem may I commend to you my uncle Bruar Hofarson who is, himself, a healer of some note and could well be arriving here in Boldhome very shortly. Uncle Bruar is a very good man, conscientious, hard working, loyal, dedicated, sensitive etc all of the values one would expect in both a healer and a Hofarson.

Best wishes,

Brear Hofarson
High Priest of Cult Broar the Benevolent
Initiate of Chalana Arroy
Saviour of Boldhome
Fionn

Re: A Letter to Varadan Crow-Shadow

Post by Fionn »

I have no objection to the trials and tribulations of the Hofarson clan being considered inside Brear's head (or possibly, given some recent ravings, heads). However, if every single topic of discussion in Boldhome is going to be invaded by these maunderings, I shall request the court to revive the ancient punishment of "tarring and feathering and riding out of town on a rail" just so the rest of us can get some peace.
Fionn the dagger, Hundred-Thane and scholar.