Challenge to the person calling themselves Broaranna Hofarsdaughter

Announcements and Applications. In character posts.
Erik

Challenge to the person calling themselves Broaranna Hofarsdaughter

Post by Erik »

To the foul Malani calling themselves Broaranna Hofarsdaughter,

You have issued foul libels against myself and my good friend Warlord Quatlu Carasilson. I have tried to ignore your insolent yapping but enough is enough. To fail to act upon such an insult would be unworthy of a member of a Warrior Cult. I therefore challenge you to meet me for a duel at the start of Late Earth by the Dragon Gate of Boldhome. I hereby give you notice that I shall issue a challenge each and every time you insult myself or any of my regimental, tribal or cult friends and will continue doing so until you leave Boldhome, shut up or (Orlanth willing) actually turn up for a duel.
I call upon the neutral residents of Boldhome to vote on cause. As far as I can see that will be Erinestra, Fionn and Garoor.

Erik Stargazer
Lt.Warlord Mularik's Company
God talker of Orlanth
Aide to City Lawspeaker
Colymar Tribe

(OOC: Erik challenges Broar to a duel and asks the neutrals to vote on if I have cause or not).
Ivarenna

Re: Challenge to the person calling themselves Broaranna Hofarsdaughter

Post by Ivarenna »

Well spoken valiant Erik! Your chivalrous challenge to this dog of a Malani has righteous cause.

Permit me, if I may, to be your second in this duel! For not only has Broaranna, if that is actually her name, insulted you and our honourable friend Quatlu, but more specifically she has also insulted that noble regiment, the Twin Spears, to which she is currently attached.

And I quote "just give me the nod and I can quit these Twin Spears losers and be straight over to you".

Oh citizens of Boldhome, cast your judgement! Do I not have cause to teach this scoundrel a lesson she will not forget?

[ooc Ivarenna challenges Broaranna to a duel at the Dragon Gate at the start of Late Earth. She is happy to fight with Broaranna second since Erik got in his challenge first. The rationale for the duel is that Ivarenna belongs to the Eleven Lights which is a friendly regiment to the Twin Spears who Broaranna has insulted by calling them losers. A vote needs to be held to see if there is cause.]
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Aide to Jarl Minonast Gargson of Wilmskirk
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Hundred-thane in Mularik's Company
Broaranna

Post by Broaranna »

Ivarenna wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:27 pm Well spoken valiant Erik! Your chivalrous challenge to this dog of a Malani has righteous cause.

Permit me, if I may, to be your second in this duel! For not only has Broaranna, if that is actually her name, insulted you and our honourable friend Quatlu, but more specifically she has also insulted that noble regiment, the Twin Spears, to which she is currently attached.

And I quote "just give me the nod and I can quit these Twin Spears losers and be straight over to you".

Oh citizens of Boldhome, cast your judgement! Do I not have cause to teach this scoundrel a lesson she will not forget?

[ooc Ivarenna challenges Broaranna to a duel at the Dragon Gate at the start of Late Earth. She is happy to fight with Broaranna second since Erik got in his challenge first. The rationale for the duel is that Ivarenna belongs to the Eleven Lights which is a friendly regiment to the Twin Spears who Broaranna has insulted by calling them losers. A vote needs to be held to see if there is cause.]
My fellow sister Ivarenna,

Bless you for your noble action in stepping forward to defend the reputation of the Twin Spears regiment, however it's not necessary because there has been a simple error, a mistake, in the fact that what I meant to write was not losers but 'lovers'.....as in the regiment loves using twin spears in combat, well, hence their name really, says it all ! I failed to spot a solitary letter misspelt but, given all this un-harmony against my family I'd say that's perfectly understandable in the circumstances.

Therefore there is no need for a duel and I would also point out that duelling someone from a friendly regiment is 'not the done thing' and will only lead you to getting into trouble. So, glad that's all sorted out and there's no ill feeling between us eh. As to you however wanting to act as Evil Erik's Second I've no problem with that as he'll need someone to help carry him back home afterwards.

Best sisterly regards,

Broaranna
Broaranna

Post by Broaranna »

Erik wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:59 pm To the foul Malani calling themselves Broaranna Hofarsdaughter,

You have issued foul libels against myself and my good friend Warlord Quatlu Carasilson. I have tried to ignore your insolent yapping but enough is enough. To fail to act upon such an insult would be unworthy of a member of a Warrior Cult. I therefore challenge you to meet me for a duel at the start of Late Earth by the Dragon Gate of Boldhome. I hereby give you notice that I shall issue a challenge each and every time you insult myself or any of my regimental, tribal or cult friends and will continue doing so until you leave Boldhome, shut up or (Orlanth willing) actually turn up for a duel.
I call upon the neutral residents of Boldhome to vote on cause. As far as I can see that will be Erinestra, Fionn and Garoor.

Erik Stargazer
Lt.Warlord Mularik's Company
God talker of Orlanth
Aide to City Lawspeaker
Colymar Tribe

(OOC: Erik challenges Broar to a duel and asks the neutrals to vote on if I have cause or not).
Ok, Evil Erik if it's a duel you want, tis a duel you shall get! I believe you said something about a Dragon Gate at the start of next Season? Just make sure you ready yourself and turn up on time....don't want this to be a case of all mouth and no britches, so to speak!

Broaranna
Erik

Post by Erik »

Broaranna wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 pm
Erik wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:59 pm

Ok, Evil Erik if it's a duel you want, tis a duel you shall get! I believe you said something about a Dragon Gate at the start of next Season? Just make sure you ready yourself and turn up on time....don't want this to be a case of all mouth and no britches, so to speak!

Broaranna
Broaranna,

I will be at the Dragongate at dawn at the start of Late Earth for our arranged duel. I ask if any of my friends wish to attend that they come and witness. May the Gods choose between us.

Erik
Broaranna

Post by Broaranna »

Erik wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:13 pm

Broaranna
Broaranna,

I will be at the Dragongate at dawn at the start of Late Earth for our arranged duel. I ask if any of my friends wish to attend that they come and witness. May the Gods choose between us.

Erik
Erik,

Marvellous, glad to hear it as I thought you might be getting the old 'cold feet' and it would be a waste of Broaranna Hofarsdaughter's time in going all the way over to the Dragon Gate only to be left twiddling thumbs waiting for you not to turn up!

You want to invite your friends along, ok, I guess that's fine although I must admit I wasn't aware you actually had any but, still, bring along anyone who wishes to turn up. It would, however, perhaps be unsporting of me not to point out to you that is this something that you really want because it could only be extremely embarrassing getting these supposed friends to come along and they then see you get a 'right good pasting'....ouch....left red faced (blood splatters aside!) and all that....

Anyway, Boldhome knows that you have so many conflicting voices going on inside that head of yours it's probably difficult for any real sense of shame or embarrassment, needless violence and psychopathic over-ride appear to be the order of the day and it's pretty pointless trying to advise you on anything of sense.

Regards,

Broaranna
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

Broaranna wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:15 pm
Ivarenna wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:27 pm Well spoken valiant Erik! Your chivalrous challenge to this dog of a Malani has righteous cause.

My fellow sister Ivarenna,

Bless you for your noble action in stepping forward to defend the reputation of the Twin Spears regiment, however it's not necessary because there has been a simple error, a mistake, in the fact that what I meant to write was not losers but 'lovers'.....as in the regiment loves using twin spears in combat, well, hence their name really, says it all ! I failed to spot a solitary letter misspelt but, given all this un-harmony against my family I'd say that's perfectly understandable in the circumstances.

Therefore there is no need for a duel and I would also point out that duelling someone from a friendly regiment is 'not the done thing' and will only lead you to getting into trouble. So, glad that's all sorted out and there's no ill feeling between us eh. As to you however wanting to act as Evil Erik's Second I've no problem with that as he'll need someone to help carry him back home afterwards.

Best sisterly regards,

Broaranna
Broaranna,

you have done it again. Describing my intended Silast Anolanson as a "nobody". He is both handsome, wealthy and a worshipper of Orlanth. I reiterate my challenge. I call on the assembled citizens of Boldhome, particularly those of the Kheldon Tribe, to which Silast belongs, to agree that there is just cause for this duel.
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Aide to Jarl Minonast Gargson of Wilmskirk
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Hundred-thane in Mularik's Company
Erik

Post by Erik »

My dear Ondurga,

I would be grateful if you could ask the cook to prepare a breakfast for myself and my friends at the Dragongate at the start of the month. Nothing fancy, just cold meats, cheese, bread, a little fruit and a few bottles of wine. You are, of course, very welcome to come and watch the duel (if it happens) and partake of the breakfast yourself.

Erik

(OOC: This is a premonthly activity)
Ondurga

Post by Ondurga »

Sir,

I will gladly arrange the breakfast. I'll also see if I can secure a cask of Jorl's Autumn Ale from the Pea Pod.

I will attend, both to ensure that everything goes smoothly, and to enjoy your righteous success in the duel.

Your servant,

Ondurga
Ondurga Yorisdaughter of the Bachad
Broaranna

Post by Broaranna »

Erik wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:13 pm

Broaranna
Broaranna,

Erik
Erik, lad

I forgot to check.....the time of our duel.....was it 7am or 7pm? You see I did plan to go along for the morning but I realised that I forgot to check in advance....gosh, silly me but what with all the other things going on etc......anyway, just let me know because I'd hate to miss it......maybe you have some others already lined up....what with you being such a pyscho an all that.....challenging people, left, right and centre etc ....if that were to be the case I'll come back later at 7pm, the evening, to ensure I'd honoured our agreement .....if you're not there, well...then you'd have not honoured it......

Broaranna (BROARANNA) Hofarsdaughter
A lovely lady
Initiate of Chalana Arroy