Spam accounts

Puckohue
GM

Spam accounts

Post by Puckohue »

Sorry, I just need to vent. I'm spending an unreasonable amount of time deleting spam accounts. Can't believe someone finds these forums so interesting to post spam links on.

Another thing is that I have to block more and more e-mail domains, and one day I might have blocked a domain in use by an actual potential player. Then again, maybe not.
Rufus

Re: Spam accounts

Post by Rufus »

Venting agreed with! It is ridiculous. :(
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
Torben

Post by Torben »

Puckohue wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:43 pm Sorry, I just need to vent. I'm spending an unreasonable amount of time deleting spam accounts. Can't believe someone finds these forums so interesting to post spam links on.

Another thing is that I have to block more and more e-mail domains, and one day I might have blocked a domain in use by an actual potential player. Then again, maybe not.
I sympathise, damn annoying to say the least.....however, as it so happens I know of this brilliant de-spammer I can let you have for a bargain £25..... ;) :lol:
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Erik

Post by Erik »

This must be really annoying.
Ondurga

Post by Ondurga »

Puckohue wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:43 pm Another thing is that I have to block more and more e-mail domains, and one day I might have blocked a domain in use by an actual potential player.
Give us some warning before you block gmail.com and I'll add an alternative to my account!
Broar wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:30 pm ...however, as it so happens I know of this brilliant de-spammer I can let you have for a bargain £25..... ;) :lol:
Surprised you didn't just ask for 200L. Or more.

But your use of £ it got me wondering if most (all?) players are UK-based. Where's everyone from? I'm guessing, from the above, that Broar is UK, as am I.
Ondurga Yorisdaughter of the Bachad
Torben

Post by Torben »

Ondurga wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:50 pm
Puckohue wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:43 pm Another thing is that I have to block more and more e-mail domains, and one day I might have blocked a domain in use by an actual potential player.
Give us some warning before you block gmail.com and I'll add an alternative to my account!
Broar wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:30 pm ...however, as it so happens I know of this brilliant de-spammer I can let you have for a bargain £25..... ;) :lol:
Surprised you didn't just ask for 200L. Or more.

But your use of £ it got me wondering if most (all?) players are UK-based. Where's everyone from? I'm guessing, from the above, that Broar is UK, as am I.
Correct, indeed I am in the UK as is at least one other player I know of so with you also coming from the UK that makes 3 of us Brits! Actually this seems to have quite a nice little community feel about the game / players even though we are all (unless any of the players are actual friends) anonymous to each other. It's just a shame that poor Broar doesn't seem to have many mates in the game, especially what with him being a Healer and thus a friend to all....... :)
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
grumbold99

Post by grumbold99 »

I'm from the Uk as well. The timing of posts on the forum would suggest that all the active contributors are within European timezones.

I did invite some friends to join fairly recently, but they've all dropped out or suffered character death and decided not to continue for the time being, which is a shame as I thought they would enjoy it once they found their feet.
Last edited by grumbold99 on Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Lt Col of the Royal Foot Guard.
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

I'm from the UK as well.
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Aide to Goldgotti the City Treasurer
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Hundred-thane, Third Battalion, Mularik's Company
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Likewise - Broar has previously announced himself as a politician. With elections just having happened, I am curious. Did Broar gain or lose a seat...... :D
Last edited by Rufus on Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
Erik

Post by Erik »

Rufus wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:10 pm Likewise - Broar has previously announced himself as a politician. With elections just having happened, I am curious. Did Broar gain of lose a seat...... :D
Broar will doubtless claim he only failed to win a seat due to my evil influence (Myah ha ha! - must practice my evil genius laugh). I am also UK based, from Canterbury in my case.