Terrible injustice, there'll be a price to pay!

General in character posts
Torben

Terrible injustice, there'll be a price to pay!

Post by Torben »

My dear friends,

I assume by now that you've all heard of the outrageous result of that Trial that was held against me and orchestrated by the villain and supreme threat to Boldhome, Evil Erik Starkraving.

Witnesses for the Defence, fine respectable folk who had messaged me while I was held in jail were denied attendance to speak up upon my behalf which shows how corrupt this whole damned business was!! Well, my friends and supporters, those responsible haven't heard the last of Broar Hofarson, oh no, there's retribution in the planning and I will be avenged!

As for this travesty about me now needing to go off to the Front, pah....no chance...not until I've had my revenge. Luckily, being the skilled and valued Chalana Arroy Asst Rune Lord that I am, the temporary inconvenience of a missing leg is simply that, the Blessed Mother is well known for her abilities in restoring a limb here or there so I will be calling upon her to get me a new one immediately, and this new one will be better and stronger than the previous one so stick that up your backside DPH.....you can't outwit the Great Broar!

Now, this matter of the fines and everything I'm asking my dear friends to contribute some lunars to the ongoing 'Justice for Broar Campaign' and I calculate around 2500 lunars will be enough to clear what is being demanded. If you work this out it's only around 200 lunars each from everyone of prominence in the City so if you can send your contribution to me at the Chalana Arroy Temple that'll be great.

Once the leg is back I can announce my commitment to this Hero Quest that is being arranged, you'll be needing a Healer and, what's more, I'm the only person in Boldhome who has actually been on a Hero Quest already so think of that experience that can benefit the Party as well as, already mentioned, my fine healing skills. I know you can see the sense in having me along and that'll soon wipe out this ill-founded stigma that the sham Trial has generated.

So, hurrah for Broar, hurrah for a new start and everything.
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩
Erik

Re: Terrible injustice, there'll be a price to pay!

Post by Erik »

You would have thought that even Broar Hofarson would have learned better by now. Back in Early Earth I put him on notice that each insult to myself, my friends and my colleagues, would result in a challenge. So, even after discovering, at the hands of the Royal executioner, the price to be paid for his numerous crimes he decides to insult me again. Whilst I might wish to ignore his insolent yapping, being a member of the Cult of Orlanth, it would be a cult taboo for me not to issue a challenge (a cult taboo which Broar ignored last month, so I feel certain he will be facing a tribunal of Orlanth alongside the tribunal of Chalana Arroy if, and when, he returns from his disgrace at the front).
Therefore I hereby issue a challenge to Broar Hofarson to meet me at dawn at the Dragon Gate at the start of early dawn, before those heading for the front are obliged to depart.

Erik Stargazer
Lt. Warlord Mularik's Company
Assistant Runelord of Orlanth
Aide to Warking
Colymar Tribe