Rules Questions

An OOC part of the forum. IC posts will be deleted.
Puckohue
GM

Rules Questions

Post by Puckohue »

Ask away!
Fionn

Re: General introductory questions

Post by Fionn »

(Not sure where I post rules queries after I have joined the game)

The rules say that you have to join the Merchants Guild before buying a large shop; but there don't seem to be any rules for joining the Guild ?
Fionn the dagger, soldier (leader Free Philosophers) and scholar (Loremaster).
Puckohue
GM

Re: General introductory questions

Post by Puckohue »

Malvolio wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:57 pm The rules say that you have to join the Merchants Guild before buying a large shop; but there don't seem to be any rules for joining the Guild ?
You're right! I've added the basic rules for guilds now (#28). They will be expanded on shortly. I want to get the first turn published first.
Zollmann

Re: Rules Questions

Post by Zollmann »

can you pay loans back gradually or has it got to be all at once?
Zollmann Sillaison
Fourth child of Sillai, Clan Chieftan
Ten Thane, Fellowship of Death
Charisma: 9
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Zollmann wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:05 pm can you pay loans back gradually or has it got to be all at once?
You can repay it gradually. But you can only have one loan at a time. If you borrow more before the due date, the sum (plus interest) will be added to your current loan with the same due date.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

So if (say) you owe 400 L plus 40 L interest, and have only 50L on hand but a CHA of 8, can you borrow another 400 and immediately repay the 440, giving you another six months' grace? Or would the new loan become payable immediately?
Fionn the dagger, soldier (leader Free Philosophers) and scholar (Loremaster).
Afur

Post by Afur »

Puckohue wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:31 pm
You can repay it gradually. But you can only have one loan at a time. If you borrow more before the due date, the sum (plus interest) will be added to your current loan with the same due date.
Ouch - is this clear in rules - I'm too used to more standard multiple-loans games
Afur Brekalisson
First son of a Thane of the Colymar tribe
Warlord of the Colymar Cavalry
Assistant Rune-Lord of Ernalda, the Earth Mother
Initiate, Cult of Orlanth
Charisma: 14
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Afur wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:27 pm
Puckohue wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:31 pm
Ouch - is this clear in rules - I'm too used to more standard multiple-loans games
No, and it's not important to me. I'll edit the rules again to allow multiple loans.
Afur

Post by Afur »

Volunteering
If a Regiment is Volunteered to the Front, what happens if a player joins it in that month. I assume they remain in Boldhome and only travel to the front for the next month?

Can one ask commanders of Regiments other than your own to volunteer to the Front?

If one intends to volunteer their own command, presumably this needs to be announced like anything else?
Afur Brekalisson
First son of a Thane of the Colymar tribe
Warlord of the Colymar Cavalry
Assistant Rune-Lord of Ernalda, the Earth Mother
Initiate, Cult of Orlanth
Charisma: 14
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Afur wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:32 am Volunteering
If a Regiment is Volunteered to the Front, what happens if a player joins it in that month. I assume they remain in Boldhome and only travel to the front for the next month?
No, they leave for the front, unless they joined the regiment in week 4.
Afur wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:32 am Can one ask commanders of Regiments other than your own to volunteer to the Front?
Yes.
Afur wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:32 am If one intends to volunteer their own command, presumably this needs to be announced like anything else?
Yes.