Military Academy Studies

General in character posts
Quatlu

Military Academy Studies

Post by Quatlu »

Quatlu overheard his fellow Orlanth lay member asking someone about raising Battle Skills, and he stands beside her waiting for a moment to enter the conversation. "Pardon me, Wonderful, but if I may interject a comment that will help you with your quest for battle knowledge. I am myself taking classes at the Lhankor Mhy Temple to improve my battle skills by studies in standards of strategy, tactics and leadership. It is time consuming, as studies need to be done in blocks of two weeks a month, and it is very expensive at 100 lunars x the new skill level you seek. However, I can affirm that the atmosphere and instruction are both conducive to the studies necessary to gain battle skill."

"May your quest for battle skills be fruitful."
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to a member of the City Ring
Colymar Tribe
Finn

Re: Military Academy Studies

Post by Finn »

Well bucko! Some of us poor types, and it truly sucks to be poor, are not able to raise anywhere near that much cash! So we are forced to gamble all at the front in the vain hope of loot and glory!

Wonderful!

p.s All in-character :)

p.p.s on the bright-side, my superiors are dying at a rate that will have me return either in a body bag for Orlanthi rites, or commander of the bloody army!

Puckohue wrote: ↑Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:43 pm
Wonderful wrote: ↑Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:33 am
how can we improve our Battle skill?
In at least two ways:
Attend The Military Academy (it's in the Rules, under 15. Regiments)
"If a commander obtains a better battle result than their immediate superior’s, their Battle skill gets a permanent +1." (my emphasis)
Finn Harilson
Bastard of a Rich Eorl, Vantaros Tribe.
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

"Wonderful, I agree with you that it sucks to be poor. While I'm not rolling in cash, I still have a cash shortage that has made it necessary for me to borrow from the money lenders to finance my education. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact. On the bright side, it seems that Orlanth has provided his faithful with a route to both heightened honor and solvency, and I salute you for your chosen path. When my training is completed I shall probably follow in your footsteps to the front, in search of fortune and glory. May Orlanth bless your campaign experience with victory, fame and quick promotion!
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Colymar Tribe
Afur

Post by Afur »

Or go the route of promotion to high enough in a warrior cult that you use Power in place of MA!

Though that assumes a good Power!
Afur Brekalisson
First son of a Thane of the Colymar tribe
Warlord of the Colymar Cavalry
Assistant Rune-Lord of Ernalda, the Earth Mother
Initiate, Cult of Orlanth
Charisma: 14
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

Good Afur, I did not know that this was possible, but it is a great encouragement for me, as my Power is much the greater skill for me. At what level in the cult can one use Power instead of MA? Truly your words are from the lips of Orlanth himself, to enlighten and encourage his worshippers.
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Colymar Tribe
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

One additional thought to my Cult sister Wonderful. Know that this month I am attending a ceremony in the temple, and I will pray for your health and victory at the front. Victory with honor!
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Colymar Tribe
Afur

Post by Afur »

OOC QUOTES FROM RULES:
**Magic regiment - uses Power instead of Battle, if higher.

Assistant Priests and above who are in a regiment use their Power instead of Battle to determine battle results.
Afur Brekalisson
First son of a Thane of the Colymar tribe
Warlord of the Colymar Cavalry
Assistant Rune-Lord of Ernalda, the Earth Mother
Initiate, Cult of Orlanth
Charisma: 14
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

I thank you kindly, Afur.
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord