I hear rumours that......

General in character posts
Torben

I hear rumours that......

Post by Torben »

I've just got to find a new regiment, anguished young Broar Hofarson, one where no-one knows to much about that disaster at Bagnot, in particular that bit about me misinterpreting the order to charge as an order to immediately retreat, as fast as possible, away from the Lunars. It was a simple enough mistake, he was a new lad to the regiment and had barely had the time to introduce himself before the battle loomed upon them so how was he expected to know all the commands and stuff....very complicated! If he could only be given the time to explain but some of the other Warriors he'd met didn't really seem the listening types, no best he never mention it at all and just say how he had hacked his way out of the fray, killing at least 20 of the enemy while carrying 2 wounded comrades over his shoulders, that should stand him in good stead when applying to a new regiment.

That was early season anyway, now was the commencement of late season and the remnants of the Bagnot balls-up had made their way back to Boldhome and were searching for new opportunities. I know, he thought, that Thane fellow at the recruiting post, the one who first signed me up, perhaps he'll know of a decent replacement regiment for me, best hurry along.

A couple of hours later.......

"Err...hello again Thane Mulgan, you remember me"?!

"Who"? A puzzled expression look comes across the Officer's face...then slowly a dim light of recognition..."The lad with the fruit-knife right...Berk Hapless..by the beard of Orlanth you're still alive"!

"No, Broar...Broar Hofarson...yes, I'm still alive and, well, I don't like to blow my own horn, so to speak, but a bit of hero too really"!

"You, a hero, ha ha...ha ha ha...what did you do lad peel all of the regiments oranges for them in double quick time"?!

"Ha, ha good one Sir, but, no, actually I killed 20 Lunars and saved 2 of my wounded comrades...all on my own, not bad eh but I don't like to go on about it too much, happy to be one of the lads, do my bit and all that. Now the reason I've come to see you again is that there isn't much of Commander Lamarr's Luckless Losers left so I need a new regiment and I thought I know just the man, can you recommend any"?

"Oh yes, indeed I can lad, just arrived outside the city today, an eager bunch, keen to take it to the enemy and to avenge the loss at Bagnot. What with your experience there you'll be just the young fellow to help them out, you should fit in fine"!

"Oh wonderful Sir Mulgan, what splendid news....and this regiment is called"?

"Report to Warlord Mottar...you'll find him at his regiments HQ tent, you can't miss it, just look for the banner that reads 'Mad Mottar's Melani Mishaps'....and good luck to you lad, snigger...snigger, I'm sure you'll soon be a hero again...chuckle..".
Torben Dungshuvler
An unfortunate pawn in the hands of the Gods
💩