1631 - 3 (Late Sea) - Appointments etc

Announcements and Applications. In character posts.
Puckohue
GM

Re: 1631 - 3 (Late Sea) - Appointments etc

Post by Puckohue »

Announcement: Warking Gananvar Tolaison (Lo) will decide on which front to deply the summer campaign (see new rules on fronts).
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Puckohue wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:25 pm Announcement: Warking Gananvar Tolaison (Lo) will decide on which front to deply the summer campaign (see new rules on fronts).
He does not appear to have decided which Brigade will be committed to Siege, Assault etc. (presumably only for thr first month of the campaign) yet?

Also, the Force Deployment Table does not match up with the Force Commitment Table at present :(
Fionn the dagger, Hundred-Thane and scholar.
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Fionn wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:54 pm He does not appear to have decided which Brigade will be committed to Siege, Assault etc. (presumably only for thr first month of the campaign) yet?
Yes, he has. It's at the top of the table here: viewtopic.php?p=3084#p3084

And yes, that's only for the first Turn. Later turns will be announced before the announcement deadlines.
Fionn wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:54 pm Also, the Force Deployment Table does not match up with the Force Commitment Table at present :(
I found one error, on table result 11. It's corrected now. Have you spotted any more?
Erik

Post by Erik »

Erik urges Eustace de Useless, Assistant Runelord of the Temple of Orlanth, to resign his position. Erik applies for the vacant post of Assistant Priest and also, should Eustace resign, for the position of Assistant Runelord.
Garoor

Post by Garoor »

I hereby apply for the position as Aide to a Jarl.
Garoor Vinvuyrson
Second son of Vinvuyr Goalson, a poor Aranwyth cottar
Hundred-thane of the Thieves' Arm
Storm Bull Initiate
Erinestra

Post by Erinestra »

[OMG is it time for appointments already!]

OK Erinestra will apply for a position as Assistant Rune Lord of Issaries again. Surely they need to improve their diversity by appointing a clever young female?

She should probably apply for other things but sadly the real world is interfering with her focus right now.
Erinestra Harvanasdaughter
Third daughter of a Free Carl of the Locaem tribe
Assistant Rune Lord of Issaries
Lay member of Eurmal
Owner of Erinestra's Emporium Extraordinaire
Charisma: 12
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Puckohue wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:20 pm

I found one error, on table result 11. It's corrected now. Have you spotted any more?
It appears that the Force Commitment roll this year was a 4; but all the possible deployments starting with 4 include the Magical Union Brigade, and in fact none of the 42 possibilities match the announced deployment. Not a problem any character would worry about, but possibly worth looking at some time.
Fionn the dagger, Hundred-Thane and scholar.
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Fionn wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:42 am It appears that the Force Commitment roll this year was a 4; but all the possible deployments starting with 4 include the Magical Union Brigade, and in fact none of the 42 possibilities match the announced deployment. Not a problem any character would worry about, but possibly worth looking at some time.
Yes, that was me misreading my own translation of the brigades from the original En Garde! rules :(

So this campaign setup is perhaps a once-in-a-lifetime.
Erik

Post by Erik »

Puckohue wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:09 pm
Fionn wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:42 am It appears that the Force Commitment roll this year was a 4; but all the possible deployments starting with 4 include the Magical Union Brigade, and in fact none of the 42 possibilities match the announced deployment. Not a problem any character would worry about, but possibly worth looking at some time.
Yes, that was me misreading my own translation of the brigades from the original En Garde! rules :(

So this campaign setup is perhaps a once-in-a-lifetime.
Well, let's make the most of the opportunity!