Nobility commanded by commoners

Rufus

Nobility commanded by commoners

Post by Rufus »

If a noble is in a regt and their commander is a non noble/commoner 4+ ranks above them, then is that a cause for a duel?

Especially as there are harsh penalties for duelling someone from your own regiment.

If the answer is no, then shouldn't the cause for a duel for nobles meeting a high ranking non non noble/commoner be suspended when the non noble commoner is in the same regiment? This would change the rule to read as follows

Spontaneous Duels
Some rules specify conditions that give mutual cause for duel. Some of these are:

If a noble meets a non-noble who’s CHA is 4+ higher than theirs (unless they are in the same regiment).
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
Puckohue
GM

Re: Nobility commanded by commoners

Post by Puckohue »

There's no duelling at the front.

In Boldhome, I would personally make sure to order "Stand down from any duel with someone from my regiment" each turn, and take the CP penalty rahter than disgrace.

If I ran into the regimental "friend" often, I would try to get a position in another regiment.
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

So just to be clear, in the case of a spontaneous duel, in order for this not to go ahead, do both parties to the duel have to specify in their duelling orders that they are standing down, or just one of the parties?
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Initiate of Orlanth
Ten-thane in the Eleven Lights
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

If one stands down they lose the duel. If both stand down they both lose.