Let's check out Boldhome!

General in character posts
Brear Hofarson

Let's check out Boldhome!

Post by Brear Hofarson »

Now that I've finally arrived and there doesn't appear to be too much do at the Temple of Broar the Benevolent I have some time spare to look around the city and see what's what!

First thing that strikes me is that it does seem to be a very officious place, I saw a public noticeboard with a whole list of rules about trials and punishments, crikey can anyone do anything without falling foul of some petty rule or worse?! Better have a good read of it though, I thought to myself, just to make sure I don't end up breaking one of these multitude of regulations. Hmmmh, Don't promote Disorder, Don't promote Harmony, Don't harm a snake, Don't break an oath, Don't lie, goodness gracious whose to know what constitutes an oath, what exactly is classed as a lie, what about if one of those snakes that can turn itself into a sharp arrow like projectile and attack you? Are you supposed not to even defend yourself? Madness, but I guess rules are rules even if they do leave you feeling like your walking on eggshells!

Cousin Broar said any newcomer should join Chalana Arroy so I better put that top of my list and this Don't Promote Disorder rule, again who says something is disorder? Anyway, I'm sure I can avoid that one, especially as Cousin Broar said it means you don't have to do any of that uncouth duelling business, what with it being well known that we Hofarsons are a peaceful, but nevertheless very brave, folk. This Eurmal cult looks interesting too, Don't be boring, gosh, how does one get judged on that? I don't think we Hofarsons are a boring lot so perhaps worth giving this cult a sigh up as well and even though they seem to have a few enemies being a Chalana Arroy member will prevent any trouble.

As I've still not heard from that Erik about the house keeping job I really ought to find an alternative, I have heard a few cruel rumours going around about Cousin Broar being cowardly because he's gone off on a Hero Quest instead of to the Front, mind you I would bet a Hero Quest requires lots more courage than simply going off to the Front, at the Front you've got lots of other warriors with you but on a Hero Quest it's just you or one or two others. Yes, Cousin Broar is clearly a very brave fellow and nothing wrong with me emulating him a bit by joining a regiment to prove we Hofarson's are game! SO many to choose from though, but two do stand out, the Eleven Lights and the Free Philosophers. I'll give them a go and show any doubters of the Hofarson name what a Hofarson can do in action.

Brear Hofarson
Son of a Malani Chieftain