Another sleepness night in Boldhome

General in character posts
Ondurga

Another sleepness night in Boldhome

Post by Ondurga »

Week 3, Middle Fire, 1631

Ondurga had barely slept for three nights now. Not since the Trickster’s Summer Feast. She turned over and glanced at Sartarina lying naked in the bed they shared. She was casually, mercifully, irritatingly asleep and seemingly without a care.

Ondurga turned away again and sighed. Her path had been so clear, so straightforward, so simple.

Follow. Follow in her mother’s footsteps. Become an initiate of Orlanth. Join the Candle Dancers. Do what her mother had done. Follow. Keep to the line. Obey the rules. Duty. Do what is expected and what will earn righteous honour and what will eventually earn an appropriate resting place for her ashes in the family burial field.

All so easy, so clear, so straightforward, so simple. And yet...

And yet, on the advice of the great man who was fast becoming her mentor and patron, Erik Stargazer – God-talker of Orlanth, Aide to the City Lawspeaker, Lieutenant Warlord of the prestigious Mularik’s Company - she had attended the Trickster’s Summer Feast.

And everything changed.

Absolute abandon, absurdity, and magnificent madness had swept away all of her pre-laid plans like so many cobwebs in a neglected corner of a forgotten tomb laid open to the storm. All that was left from that night was an overwhelming longing for freedom from expectations, orthodoxy, and conformity which had kept her tossing and turning for the last few nights.

For the first time, in her young life, she wasn't sure who she was anymore, not sure what her path was, not sure what she should do, or even what she wanted. Who could she talk to about this new compulsion within her? Brear? He seemed to be madder than Elusu (shocking, compelling, fascinating Elusu!) but somehow false and empty. Erinestra? Possibly. She had been friendly, at least as far as Ondurga could recall before the wildness of the Feast had completely taken hold. Perhaps she should seek out Erinestra.
Ondurga Yorisdaughter of the Bachad
Brear Hofarson

Re: Another sleepness night in Boldhome

Post by Brear Hofarson »

My sweet lady Ondurga,

Mad....false.....empty?! Come, come my dear what nonsense is this, who on earth put such thoughts into your head, one can only pray to the blessed mother Chalana Arroy that your prior association with Erik Starkraving has not caused some of the voices that he is plagued with to also begin to affect you!

You know that those of us who follow Eurmal are so often misunderstood and persecuted most unfairly, be it even if we are upstanding residents of the City who give very much to it's wellbeing and prosperity. Were you aware that I have recently pledged monies towards the securing of a release for poor Griselna, furthermore offering to co-ordinate the ransom fund thus allowing our brave troops to concentrate on defeating the hordes of enemies that confront our armies.....you didn't...well, it's true and I offered to do it free of charge! I'm also currently trying to negotiate with my cousin Broar - he's a God and now King of the Broos, did you know - to call off his planned assault upon Boldhome and therefore it may turn out that I become the City's Saviour!

I think it's down to the likes of you and I, Ondurga, to keep Boldhome going while so many are away campaigning at the Front. We can be good friends you know, in fact more than just good friends....how does a proper partnership sound to you? What with you being so new here, uncertain of the City and seeking a purpose and focus in life Brear Hofarson is just the man to help you out and steer you through it all. "Ah", I hear you say "What's the catch, especially after all the nasty comments that Erik says about you (me)"......absolutely none Ondurga, you get what you see a damn fine friend, a skilled healer, a fellow Eurmalian plus...and I don't wish to brag here....a most sensitive and proficient lover. There's a phrase back in my home village that goes along the lines of -

'Let a Hofarson take you to the Heavens and back again'.

Now, my cousin Broar Hofarson, he focused more on the spiritual side of the phrase, well you'd think he would do what with being a God and all that, whereas I'm more your 'earthly' pleasures advocate, if you get my drift here...nudge, nudge, wink, wink....and I'm offering that to you Ondurga , it all comes as part of the Brear Hofarson package to the right sort of lady who commits herself to the old mutual partnership business. Sound tempting, I bet it does eh!

Why don't you come along and meet up with me at my Inn this coming Late Fire Season, we can have a good long chat then and get to know each other better.....

Brear Hofarson
High Priest of Cult Broar the Benevolent
Initiate of Chalana Arroy
Lay member of Eurmal
An all round good man