A plea to the High Priest of the cult of Orlanth

General in character posts
Rufus

A plea to the High Priest of the cult of Orlanth

Post by Rufus »

Rufus Bronzer writes politely and respectfully to the Orlanth High Priest requesting that the cult supports raising the ransom for Griselna.
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
Erik

Re: A plea to the High Priest of the cult of Orlanth

Post by Erik »

Rufus wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:44 pm Rufus Bronzer writes politely and respectfully to the Orlanth High Priest requesting that the cult supports raising the ransom for Griselna.
The rules state that this appeal can be influenced. What level favours do we need to use to influence this?
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

As a would-be Loremaster, I must point out that influencing a High Priest, according to the Table, requires a Level 8 favour. In some circumstances lower level favours can be combined, but unless you have over 100 level 1 favours to spare, I fear this is impracticable :(
Fionn the dagger, Hundred-Thane and scholar.
Erik

Post by Erik »

Fionn wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:10 pm As a would-be Loremaster, I must point out that influencing a High Priest, according to the Table, requires a Level 8 favour. In some circumstances lower level favours can be combined, but unless you have over 100 level 1 favours to spare, I fear this is impracticable :(
But is it the High Priest who decides or does (s)he delegate the decision to someone lower in the hierarchy?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Rufus asks to see the High Priest to plea for Griselna's ransom to be part funded by the cult.

The response is terse - "You may be the warlord of Mularik's company but within the cult of Orlanth, you are just a lowly initiate and therefore not worthy of the attention of the High Priest."
Re: Late Fire orders - Rufus
by Puckohue » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:34 am

[1] = 1
Cult pay ransom for Griselna? (6+): 1d6: [ 1 ] = 1
Rufus is chastened - and resolves to progress further in the cult so that he is worthy of the High Priest's attention.
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
Erik

Post by Erik »

I have no doubt that Orlanth sees both yourself and Griselna and is well pleased by your efforts for our sister's ransom.
Brear Hofarson

Post by Brear Hofarson »

Rufus wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:45 am Rufus asks to see the High Priest to plea for Griselna's ransom to be part funded by the cult.

The response is terse - "You may be the warlord of Mularik's company but within the cult of Orlanth, you are just a lowly initiate and therefore not worthy of the attention of the High Priest."
Re: Late Fire orders - Rufus
by Puckohue » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:34 am

[1] = 1
Cult pay ransom for Griselna? (6+): 1d6: [ 1 ] = 1
Rufus is chastened - and resolves to progress further in the cult so that he is worthy of the High Priest's attention.
How shocking for you future regimental colleague / commander Rufus, you wouldn't get that sort of snub in Cult Broar the Benevolent as we always are available for our members, in fact I'm still the High Priest and I'd be happy to meet with you! If you join us I can make you a Rune Lord and then that snotty Orlanth High Priest will soon change his tune and start showing you some respect, I guarantee it!

So, how about you sign up, it's a real bargain at only 150 lunars (it would usually be 200 but as it's you I've knocked off 50, a 25% discount!!) and you'll soon have the riff-raff grovelling at your feet in awe and snotty High Priests treating you as a person of great distinction.

Your friend,

Brear Hofarson
High Priest of Cult Broar the Benevolent
Chalana Arroy Initiate
Eurmal lay member
The best Healer in Boldhome
Saviour of Boldhome