Both a sad and a great day for Boldhome

General in character posts
Brear Hofarson

Both a sad and a great day for Boldhome

Post by Brear Hofarson »

Dear Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I learnt my good cousin, and God, plus King of the Broo, Broar Hofarson has decided that he will not be returning to Boldhome again.

I'm sure this feeling of sadness is shared by you all, how can we believe that we'll never see his likeable, friendly, smiling face again nor share in one of his legendary parties....sigh....how depressing. Still, as they say, life must go on and he has left us his legacy and also convinced his Tribe of warrior Broos, fierce combatants and a most formidable foe NOT to attack / destroy our City, killing everyone in it. He was kind enough to say that it was mostly down to my own entreaties to him that he was able to get his Broo subjects to heed reason, but modesty prevents me from claiming the credit for such, I'd rather acknowledge his efforts ahead of my own. Trouble is that he's so nice he kind of demanded that the recognition go to me and I should, at the very least add 'Saviour of Boldhome' after my name but really a large statue ought to be erected in my honour and so I promised him I would approach the City Treasurer for funding.

I also thought it would be a nice gesture if we had a bit of a whip round for him, club together to get some sort of retirement / thank you gift so he remembers us all and the time he spent here in the City. I suspect most of you would like to chip in with a few lunars, when I say a few I mean enough so we can get him something decent like, ok.

If you can send me your donation I'll ensure I choose a great present and that it gets to him safely.

May the Gods bless you all, charity is a virtue that is recognised.

Brear Hofarson
High Priest of Cult Broar the Benevolent
Chalana Arroy Initiate
Eurmal Lay member
Saviour of Boldhome
Fionn

Re: Both a sad and a great day for Boldhome

Post by Fionn »

I agree we should have a party to mark Broar's departure, but perhaps it can wait till the Regiment he was "Healer" to returns safely from campaign.
Fionn the dagger, Hundred-Thane and scholar.