Miltary Academy course

Announcements and Applications. In character posts.
Fionn

Miltary Academy course

Post by Fionn »

Following the wise words of King Argath that we will be fighting the empire of the Red Moon for the foreseeable future, I thought I would do something to help by teaching a course at the Military Academy in Late Earth; this course would cover not just the normal tactical skills but slightly more advanced ones such as strategy and proper use of spirit magic.

Week 2 seems best, allowing students to choose when to complete the two-week course with an assistant while not interfering with my duties to Lhankor Mhy the Knowing God. This will only be practical, however, if at least three students attend, so anyone interested please reply here.

I am aware that most of you have no knowledge of my abilities [OOC; my Battle score will only be made public when I announce the course, which I can't afford to do unless I get some students], but it is on record that I assisted at the Academy this Spring [minimum 5] and learned valuable lessons at the Front.
Fionn the dagger, Hundred-Thane and scholar.
Quatlu

Re: Miltary Academy course

Post by Quatlu »

Greetings Fionn,

I am interested in taking your Military Academy course, but want you to understand that you are competing that week with the Ceremony at the Great Temple of Orlanth, which has the High Priest himself presiding. You will probably lose the chance of participation from all interested members of the Orlanth cult, myself included. Therefore, may I suggest you change the class to another week to allow those of us from the Orlanth cult to join you? Are you planning to teach for two weeks each month for at least four months? If you are, then I will gladly sign up to take all the classes from you. That's one student for certain, my friend.

Please make certain to announce in which weeks you are serving as the instructor, so that I and others may be certain to sign up.

Your kind response to this missive would be greatly appreciated.
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to Jarl Anoltip Salinathson
Colymar Tribe
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Following representations from the respected Orlanthi, the Advanced Battle course will now take place in week 3, assuming we can muster enough keen tacticians. I urge anyone who aspires to command to take advantage of this; the Army's results this summer were distinctly mixed, and anything we can do to make victory more likely will be a shrewd investment of your time.

Please note that you will also need to take the Ordinary Battle course the same month, but this can take place any week with the assistance of any Lhankor Mhy instructor.
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

This month I plan to enroll in the Lhankor Mhy Military Academy beginning this month to improve my knowledge of strategy, tactics and leadership from skilled instructors. While taking one week of class from a suitable instructor, I am also committing to take the additional Advanced Battle class in week 3 which is offered by 100 Thane Fionn Skene, and I invite at least two more students to enroll for this class as part of the regular Academy training program this month.
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Colymar Tribe
Erik

Post by Erik »

Orlanth knows that one can never have too much training for warfare. I will therefore subscribe to the Military training academy course taught by the good Fionn Skene in the 3rd week of this month.

Erik Stargazer
Lt.Warlord Mularik's Company
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

Fionn, I saw your confirmation that you definitely plan to offer the Advanced Battle course in week three and I have signed up, but needed to clarify the situation for those if us also studying in regular coursework. I plan to use this course as one of my two weeks of study at the Academy this month, but wanted to make sure this is permitted. I don't want my study contract with the Academy to fail because I didn't take two standard, week-long courses of regular studies. I would think this advanced course you are offering would be a welcome substitution for one of these weeks of standard studies. Would you please confirm that this is the case so we have no snafus? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Colymar Tribe
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

"The teacher can teach any week of a student's course. It doesn't matter."
So this course is not a substitution for one of the two weeks; it is one of the two weeks :D
['Advanced course' is not a term in the rules, just a bit of roleplay by me.]
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

Very good sir! Good to know, and I'm looking forward to receiving your advanced instruction next month at the Academy in Week 3.
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Colymar Tribe
Julian

Post by Julian »

Good Morrow, Fionn,

I have been seeking ways to improve my military abilities and your course looks perfect. Would you consider me as a student? would you consider a cavalryman?

Julian
Julian Sartarvutson
A Thane in the
Colymar Tribe
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

All who wish to learn are welcome Julian. Do note, though, that you will need to take a second class this month (whenever you wish, taught by an assistant), as well as later courses depending on your current skill.