A Festive Meeting at the Pea Pod

General in character posts
Quatlu

Re: A Festive Meeting at the Pea Pod

Post by Quatlu »

With the fine brandy making its warming way through the members of the assembled group of friends, Quatlu makes sure all mugs are full of brandy, then says to his friends, “Now that Rune level rank has been achieved by at least one member of this group of adventurous spirits, I would like to propose that during this coming Sacred Time, we join together and undertake a Hero Quest for the Great Temple of Orlanth. As it is our first such attempt, and I feel it is important that we succeed and hopefully all survive, I am proposing that we attempt the Quest of The Arming of Orlanth, and I would select the Cautious strategy. Having never attempted such a Quest before, I am unsure of all of the conditions, permissions required and time involved, which might be in conflict to some of our personal goals and activities. Be advised that the Hero Quest will consume the entire four weeks of Sacred Time. Hence this is simply a discussion of prospective action. So, my friends and dear comrades in arms, please share your thoughts, comments, questions and concerns with me, that we might discuss this matter fully before moving forward with a formal proposal, for once that step is taken, it must be attempted. What say you?
Last edited by Quatlu on Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Royal Foot Guards Regiment
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Aide to a member of the City Ring
Colymar Tribe
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

Quatlu wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:33 pm With the fine brandy making its warming way through the members of the assembled group of friends, Quatlu makes sure all mugs are full of brandy, then says to his friends, “Now that Rune level rank has been achieved by at least one member of this group of adventurous spirits, I would like to propose that during this coming Sacred Time, we join together and undertake a Hero Quest for the Great Temple of Orlanth. As it is our first such attempt, and I feel it is important that we succeed and hopefully all survive, I am proposing that we attempt the Quest of The Arming of Orlanth, and I would select the Cautious strategy. Having never attempted such a Quest before, I am unsure of all of the conditions, permissions required and time involved, which might be in conflict to some of our personal goals and activities. Hence this is simply a discussion of prospective action. So, my friends and dear comrades in arms, please share your thoughts, comments, questions and concerns with me, that we might discuss this matter fully before moving forward with a formal proposal, for once that step is taken, it must be attempted. What say you?
An excellent idea! I second that proposal. And I agree that "The Arming of Orlanth" with a cautious approach is the way to go! Please count me in!
Baroness Ivarenna Hainasdaughter of the Balmyr
Aide to Goldgotti the City Treasurer
Assistant Rune Lord of Orlanth
Hundred-thane, Third Battalion, Mularik's Company
Harold

Post by Harold »

"It would be a great honour to undertake such a momentous Quest in the name of Orlanth, Although I am no Hero, It would be a quest I would gladly participate in, please consider me as one of your party for this undertaking." Harold say to his companions at the table.
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

Quatlu looked at Ivareena and Harold and smiled warmly, saying, "Splendid you two, splendid". He had a thought and then added, "While we're talking about it, we need to make certain that we send a note to Warlord Baron Rufus Bronzer and advise him of this discussion. I count him as a great friend and an honorable Sword Brother, and I would hate to see him miss out on making his thoughts and intentions known simply because he is out doing his duty at the Front. Erik, as Lt. Warlord of Mularik's Company, would you make sure that word of our discussion tonight is made known to the Baron?"
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Colymar Tribe
Erik

Post by Erik »

"I would be glad to take such a message - assuming that Rufus himself does not turn up tonight, for his duty at the front is at an end for this season and he and Fionn are due to return to Boldhome. As for the Heroquest, it was my hope to also rise to Runelord before the Sacred Time so that I might go on such a mission. I will happily join you this Sacred Time and I agree that The Arming of Orlanth is a sensible choice, it will fit us all better to serve both at the front and in future Heroquests. Let us drink to our Heroquest!"
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

"Well said noble Erik. To the quest!" and Ivarenna downs her glass in one.

"Speaking of Fionn I believe we should also invite him to join our quest. The Arming of Orlanth requires a representative of the Knowledge God present to ensure a successful conclusion, and as an Initiate of Lankhor Mhy Fionn is qualified to take on that role."
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

Quatlu listened as Ivareena spoke and again smiled at her words. "Fionn is an honorable man who planned and arranged a rescue attempt to free Baron Rufus if the ransom was rejected, so let us definitely send him an invitation if we proceed with this Hero Quest. Baroness, would you be so kind as to extend an invitation to Fionn on behalf of our unofficial Orlanthi adventurer's guild? I will make a formal announcement when the time comes to make the Hero Quest official, and he should respond at that time." He turned and called out, "Jorl please refill the brandy all around!"
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Colymar Tribe
Erik

Post by Erik »

Putting his glass down after the toast Erik paused for a moment before commenting "I fear we should now refer to less pleasant matters, namely the trial of the wretch Broar. The court will accept testimony of his guilt from two witnesses, I would hate to see anyone waste their time if they attend but are not called. So the question is, who should be witness against him? I am willing to do so, although Orlanth knows there are other places I would wish to be. There is always the risk the silver tongued rogue could try to bamboozle the judge although he should be gone from Boldhome in disgrace once the Guild of Moneylenders get their hands on him, so we will be rid of him. So, does anyone else fancy spending a week in court next month?"
Quatlu

Post by Quatlu »

Quatlu frowned as he considered Broar and all of the fraud and waste he had caused during his time running amuck in Boldhome. "The man certainly deserves what's undoubtedly coming to him, and I pray that the court finds him guilty as charged. I regret, Erik, that this month I am smothered in activities which will not allow me time to testify, but I solidly back you and anyone else who has the time to appear and bring that scalawag to justice."
Quatlu Carasilson
Warlord
Wind Lord of Orlanth
Colymar Tribe
Ivarenna

Post by Ivarenna »

I do not know this Broar myself, other than by his reputation as an insulter of women, and a trickster. Of course he also, as a matter of record, insulted the Twin Spear regiment, calling them a bunch of losers.

But in my dreams I am often visited by the ghost of Ondureen, the lady who occupied my lodgings before I arrived. She is wont to complain that she had a promise from Broar to resurrect her after she was cruelly slain on the battle field following an ambush by the Lunars. Apparently Broar failed to make good on his promise to attempt the resurrection.

If you know any Daka Fal worshippers no doubt we could get Ondureen's ghost to appear at the trial, and brand Broar as a liar.