1630 - 7 (Early Earth) Announcements

Announcements and Applications. In character posts.
grumbold99

Re: 1630 - 7 (Early Earth) Announcements

Post by grumbold99 »

I would like to apply for the position of regimental adjutant. I feel that my mother’s obsessive insistence that I study logistics to succeed as a merchant may actually be pertinent to the job of helping the right troops get to right place, on time and with all their equipment.

In the event of failure, I apply to become aide to a noble.
Last edited by grumbold99 on Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Lt Col of the Royal Foot Guard.
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Rufus wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:31 pm ...procedure.
You need to rank your applications in order of preference.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Thanks for fast response and will comply. :)
Baron Rufus Bronzer
Clansman of the proud Kheldon Tribe -This small but very wealthy urban clan is the "most noble" clan of Sartar - but the wealth seems to have passed me by.
Warlord Mularik's Company Orlanth Initiate
Chieftain's son.
Finn

Post by Finn »

Hello one and all!

I Finn Harilson, wish to use my Influence with the Warlord of the Royal Foot Guard to be accepted into the regiment.

If the Warlord is so disposed as to grant my wish, I would also apply to be considered for the post of regimental adjutants to the Warlord.
or post an application for the honor of an appointment as Aide to an Eorl (my father?)

Being new to Boldhome, I would also take it as a very positive sign in anyone else should utilise their influence on my behalf and let it be known that favours can be called in at a later date!

Let it also be known that once I am in a regiment, I would wish for a Regimental Healer, an Initiate or higher in the cults of Chalana Arroy or Ernalda, and will be willing to pay the costs of purchasing you the rank of Ten-Thane, and later provide other assistance as agreed (lets have a drink and discuss!)

Finn
Finn Harilson
Bastard of a Rich Eorl, Vantaros Tribe.
Orlkastar

Post by Orlkastar »

Orlkastar, newly arrived, plans his first day in the city with an eye to his future. He seeks out the recruiting officers for Eleven Lights, Free Philosophers and Goldgotti's Company. He intends to purchase the rank of Ten-thane, applying to each in that order. Once he has finished with the paperwork, he continues on to the Shrine of the Storm Bull to be admitted as a lay member
Erik

Post by Erik »

Wonderful wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:28 pm Hello one and all!

I Finn Harilson, wish to use my Influence with the Warlord of the Royal Foot Guard to be accepted into the regiment.

If the Warlord is so disposed as to grant my wish, I would also apply to be considered for the post of regimental adjutants to the Warlord.
or post an application for the honor of an appointment as Aide to an Eorl (my father?)

Being new to Boldhome, I would also take it as a very positive sign in anyone else should utilise their influence on my behalf and let it be known that favours can be called in at a later date!

Let it also be known that once I am in a regiment, I would wish for a Regimental Healer, an Initiate or higher in the cults of Chalana Arroy or Ernalda, and will be willing to pay the costs of purchasing you the rank of Ten-Thane, and later provide other assistance as agreed (lets have a drink and discuss!)

Finn
My dear Finn,

Welcome to Boldhome.
Pray allow me to help clarify a few matters as to how things are done around here (as I understand it). To join the Royal Foot Guards you need to set a week aside for applying, interviews, tests etc. Sadly the appointment of the Regimental Adjutant will be made by the Warlord at the beginning of the month, before they have had the chance to accept you!
Now the post of Regimental Healer requires an Initiate of Chalana Arroy or Ernalda and they seem thin on the ground at present. One Broar Hofarson is currently a Lay member of Chalana Arroy and has been making noises about becoming a regimental healer, but seems to have forgotten that he will not be considered for promotion to the rank of Initiate until he has been a Lay Member for some 3 months. He is also a notorious coward and braggard, so you may want to be careful about associating with him.
I note that the Royal Foot Guards are affiliated to the cult of Orlanth. As a member of that cult I would hope to see you at the temple some time should you decide to join - remember you need to be in a warrior cult to be a member of a regiment! (although I may be called to the front this month).
I am sure you will make a success of your time here. I wish you well.

Erik Stargazer
Ten Thane, Colymar Cavalry
grumbold99

Post by grumbold99 »

If you are caught up in the flush of enthusiasm for a life in the military and all the other possibilities that a life in Boldhome offers, or simply overlook the detail that being a lay member of Issaries is not in itself sufficient for a career in Goldgotti's regiment, it's permissible to hasten along to the temple of a warrior cult and sign up in the following month.
Grumbold Rahlefson of the Locaem

Scrawny tow-headed beanpole of a lad; usually complaining about the cold, the damp, the pollen or the heat.
Proprietor of Silks and Sapphires. Conspicuously buy your apparel here!
Lt Col of the Royal Foot Guard.
Puckohue
GM

Post by Puckohue »

Erinestra wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:13 am I am not sure what level a lord is
I've updated "Influence Table B: Influence Requred" in the rules to include titles.
Afur

Post by Afur »

Erik, Finn,
I am an Initiate of Ernalda, the Earth Mother so do qualify as a Regimental Healer. However I cannot do that and command a Hundred as I do!

Also Finn will need to join a Warrior Cult before applying to most any Regiment. First month is going to be busy!

Welcome Finn
Afur Brekalisson
First son of a Thane of the Colymar tribe
Warlord of the Colymar Cavalry
Assistant Rune-Lord of Ernalda, the Earth Mother
Initiate, Cult of Orlanth
Charisma: 14
Erinestra

Post by Erinestra »

Puckohue wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:55 pm
Erinestra wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:13 am I am not sure what level a lord is
I've updated "Influence Table B: Influence Requred" in the rules to include titles.
Ta
Erinestra Harvanasdaughter
Third daughter of a Free Carl of the Locaem tribe
Assistant Rune Lord of Issaries
Lay member of Eurmal
Owner of Erinestra's Emporium Extraordinaire
Charisma: 12